Old December 26th 09, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Camera

Hi all,
Who owns the camera at the junction of Salusbury Road and Premier Corner,
and what is its purpose?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...7.83,,3,-20.66

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old December 26th 09, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 26 December
2009 13:17:12 ...
Hi all,
Who owns the camera at the junction of Salusbury Road and Premier Corner,
and what is its purpose?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...7.83,,3,-20.66

There's a yellow plate on the post that might give you a clue, but I
can't read it on Street View. Looks as if it might have a Brent
Council logo. It may be a joint council/police camera for crime
detection/deterrence, parking and moving traffic contraventions, etc.
There's lots of them around. Why the interest in that particular one?

--
Richard J.
Old December 26th 09, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Basil Jet
writes

Who owns the camera at the junction of Salusbury Road and Premier Corner,

The London Borough of Brent, I should think (it looks like a typical
local authority enforcement camera) although, as Richard wrote, it could
well be used by the police as well.

and what is its purpose?

Mainly to raise money for the council (I spy yellow lines on the road).

--
Paul Terry
Old January 4th 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

Who owns the camera at the junction of Salusbury Road and Premier Corner,

The London Borough of Brent, I should think (it looks like a typical local
authority enforcement camera) although, as Richard wrote, it could well be
used by the police as well.

Have you looked on the TfL streets site ? It looks like one of theres. I
can't check at the moment, but as asked before why are you interested in it
?