Old December 28th 09, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buckaroo closure

It seems that the Watford - Euston services are suspended between Wealdstone
and Queens Park, even though the Bakerloo is running between Wealdstone and
Stonebridge Park. I don't understand why the Watford trains aren't running
as far as Stonebridge Park.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old December 28th 09, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

It seems that the Watford - Euston services are suspended between
Wealdstone and Queens Park, even though the Bakerloo is running
between Wealdstone and Stonebridge Park. I don't understand why the
Watford trains aren't running as far as Stonebridge Park.

The only way to reverse at Stonebridge Park is via the LU depot so I
guess the Overground drivers would not be cleared for that route.

Peter Smyth

Old December 28th 09, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Peter Smyth
wrote:
The only way to reverse at Stonebridge Park is via the LU depot so I
guess the Overground drivers would not be cleared for that route.

The signalling also requires an LU train description to be in the
appropriate berth on the train describer before a route can be set into
the depot approach roads. While this could be entered by hand, it would
be a pain.

I suspect the reason may be that the power supply switches to
fourth-rail only somewhere on those approach roads, though I don't have
the traction rail gap data to verify it.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org
Old December 29th 09, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 28, 7:29*pm, "Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
In message , Peter Smyth

wrote:
The only way to reverse at Stonebridge Park is via the LU depot so I
guess the Overground drivers would not be cleared for that route.

The signalling also requires an LU train description to be in the
appropriate berth on the train describer before a route can be set into
the depot approach roads. While this could be entered by hand, it would
be a pain.

I suspect the reason may be that the power supply switches to
fourth-rail only somewhere on those approach roads, though I don't have
the traction rail gap data to verify it.

The reversals at Harrow & Wealdstone seemed to be causing some delays.
In the afternoon (at about 3pm), there was a southbound LO train which
had terminated in platform 2 and there was another north of the
station, beyond the reversing siding, awaiting entry. The Bakerloo
trains seemed to be running at 6 and 14 min intervals (according to
the LDB), with the LO trains (every 20 mins) reversing via the
crossover south of the station in the 14 min gap between Bakerloo
trains.

It seems to me that a better plan would have been to have reversed the
LO trains at Wembley Central, where the reversal doesn't need the
train to be checked empty. (Although I think this needs the ground
frame manned).

Of course, the ideal solution would be to have the reversing siding at
Harrow converted into a through siding (like Newbury Park on the
Central line) which would allow the LO trains to reverse directly from
platform 2 and so allow a ten minute interval on the Bakerloo,
reversing in platform 1.