Old April 19th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Weekend District/Circle Closure

So Richmond and Ealing trains will be stopping at Earls Court? Will
they reverse there or will they continue to the depot to reverse? Will
any be continuing to High Street Kensington (I actually saw a train at
Platform 4 last tuesday! 5:20 AM(!) a direct to Ealing or Richmond or
something)

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

Old April 19th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
m...
So Richmond and Ealing trains will be stopping at Earls Court? Will
they reverse there or will they continue to the depot to reverse? Will
any be continuing to High Street Kensington (I actually saw a train at
Platform 4 last tuesday! 5:20 AM(!) a direct to Ealing or Richmond or
something)

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

According to the TfL Journey Planner the Richmond/Ealing trains will
terminate at High Street Kensington. It gives the following frequencies:

4tph Richmond - High St Ken
4tph Ealing Broadway - High St Ken
4tph Olympia - Earl's Court
8tph Wimbledon - Edgware Road
6tph Hammersmith - Whitechapel
6tph Hammersmith - Barking
6tph Whitechapel - Upminster

Peter Smyth

Old April 19th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
So Richmond and Ealing trains will be stopping at Earls Court? Will
they reverse there or will they continue to the depot to reverse? Will
any be continuing to High Street Kensington (I actually saw a train at
Platform 4 last tuesday! 5:20 AM(!) a direct to Ealing or Richmond or
something)

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

Due to short platforms, D Stock trains are not allowed between H St Ken &
Edgware Rd.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old April 19th 04, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
news
Paul Weaver wrote:
So Richmond and Ealing trains will be stopping at Earls Court? Will
they reverse there or will they continue to the depot to reverse? Will
any be continuing to High Street Kensington (I actually saw a train at
Platform 4 last tuesday! 5:20 AM(!) a direct to Ealing or Richmond or
something)

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

Due to short platforms, D Stock trains are not allowed between H St Ken &
Edgware Rd.

But C stock are allowed to Ealing Broadway and Richmond. If there is no
Circle Line service why can't the stock be used to strengthen the service to
Edgware Road assuming there are sufficient stock and road trained crews?

Old April 19th 04, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Weaver) wrote:

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

The platforms North of High St aren't long enough for D stock trains.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 19th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Weaver) wrote:

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

The platforms North of High St aren't long enough for D stock trains.

As indicated before, that doesn't stop C stock being used.

Old April 19th 04, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
So Richmond and Ealing trains will be stopping at Earls Court?
Will they reverse there or will they continue to the depot to
reverse? Will any be continuing to High Street Kensington (I
actually saw a train at Platform 4 last tuesday! 5:20 AM(!) a
direct to Ealing or Richmond or something)

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road
(using slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

Due to short platforms, D Stock trains are not allowed between H
St Ken & Edgware Rd.

But C stock are allowed to Ealing Broadway and Richmond. If there
is no Circle Line service why can't the stock be used to strengthen
the service to Edgware Road assuming there are sufficient stock and
road trained crews?

Probably because Edgware Road can't cope with any more. According to
Peter Smyth's post, there will already be 20 tph in each direction
between Praed Street junction and Edgware Road, with the 12tph westbound
H&C crossing the path of the 8tph eastbound District at the junction,
and 8tph reversing at Edgware Road. (The equivalent figures for a
normal peak Mon-Fri service are 21tph, with 7tph crossing the path of
14tph, and 7tph reversing.) Squeezing in any more trains would lead to
a very unreliable service, IMO.
--
Richard J.

Old April 19th 04, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
[...]

Fair comment, I'm not aware of Edgware Road's capcity limitations, 'til now
anyway.

Old April 19th 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Why aren't they running Richmond/Ealing trains to Edgware Road (using
slots and trains from the none-existant circle line)?

The platforms North of High St aren't long enough for D stock trains.

I think he meant using 6-car C-Stock. These certainly have clearance
issues in the Dagenham area (meaning no through routing Hammersmith
Met - Upminster), and may have on the Richmond/Ealing branches. There
also may not be enough C Stock.
Old April 19th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brimstone" wrote in message ...
But C stock are allowed to Ealing Broadway and Richmond. If there is no
Circle Line service why can't the stock be used to strengthen the service to
Edgware Road assuming there are sufficient stock and road trained crews?

Yeah, that's what I meant. 6tph from High Street Kensington to Baker
street won't be fun. It would be bariable with a 20tph service on the
H&C I guess, but last time I took that line I had to wait 25 minutes
and missed the last train of the day from Paddington (sleeper was
fully booked and I had to get the coach down to cornwall)

/me doesn't like the H&C