Old January 1st 10, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New years day service - or lack thereof

On 1 Jan, 14:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Old January 1st 10, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Jan, 18:58, "tim...." wrote:
In past years, free travel has been sponsored.

Did they not have a sponsor for yesterday?

Read the thread - references to ING were posted at least 4 hours
before you asked that queestion.....
Old January 1st 10, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:22:22
on Fri, 1 Jan 2010, remarked:

The news broadcasts I saw, mentioned "free public transport until
4.30am".

Happy New Year, Roland!

I've already noted that I was confused between the tube and NR.

Some 23 seconds after I posted my remark. Quick work!

Old January 1st 10, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:12:12 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Do they? I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January when I was
involved in the fares revision process (a long time ago!).

1/1/11 is a Saturday...