Old October 16th 03, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster - Bus Fare - Prepay

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone knew whether a single bus fare on oyster pre-pay
will be £1 / £0.70 or £0.65 (Saver Ticket Price).

Also, do we have any idea on the timescales for PrePay yet?

JP

Old October 16th 03, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:04:50 +0000 (UTC) J. Public
said...

Just wondering if anyone knew whether a single bus fare on oyster pre-pay
will be £1 / £0.70 or £0.65 (Saver Ticket Price).

70p - IIRC the 6 x 65p Saver ticket booklets will rise in line with the
fares change in early January. For detail see:

http://www.london.gov.uk/news/2003/fare-struc04.pdf

Also, do we have any idea on the timescales for PrePay yet?

Got told by a member of staff at Green Park it will probably be late in
the year, around December.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old October 16th 03, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/10/03 10:01 pm, in article ,
"Phil Richards" wrote:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:04:50 +0000 (UTC) J. Public
said...

Just wondering if anyone knew whether a single bus fare on oyster pre-pay
will be £1 / £0.70 or £0.65 (Saver Ticket Price).

70p - IIRC the 6 x 65p Saver ticket booklets will rise in line with the
fares change in early January. For detail see:

http://www.london.gov.uk/news/2003/fare-struc04.pdf

Also, do we have any idea on the timescales for PrePay yet?

Got told by a member of staff at Green Park it will probably be late in
the year, around December.

So how come people have purchased Pre Pay already then?
Seems a bit pointless to me if you can't use it yet?

Steve.

Old October 16th 03, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:10:00 GMT Steve said...

So how come people have purchased Pre Pay already then?
Seems a bit pointless to me if you can't use it yet?

According to:

http://www.oystercard.com/sub_get_tickets.php

7 day & longer Travelcards plus Monthly & longer bus passes available at
present. For daily and individual tickets you'll have to wait until the
end of the year.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old October 16th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message

Also, do we have any idea on the timescales for PrePay yet?

Got told by a member of staff at Green Park it will probably be late in
the year, around December.

So how come people have purchased Pre Pay already then?
Seems a bit pointless to me if you can't use it yet?

Isn't purchasing it before you use it the whole point?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 16th 03, 11:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:10:00 GMT, Steve wrote:
So how come people have purchased Pre Pay already then?
Seems a bit pointless to me if you can't use it yet?

I use my credit on my Oyster to buy single tickets. Saves carrying
around change or ending up with hundreds of credit card transactions.

David
Old October 18th 03, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Walters wrote in
:

I use my credit on my Oyster to buy single tickets. Saves carrying
around change or ending up with hundreds of credit card transactions.

Areyou saying that prepay is available then?
Old October 22nd 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nes Nes is offline

I've got some credit on my Oyster - topped it up on that smaller
touch-screen machine which only takes credit/debit cards.

Nes.
--
To reply directly to me, please remove all the spam-deflecting X's!
Either that, or simply reply to the group!

"Andrew Black" wrote in message
David Walters wrote in
: