Old January 18th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fox Under A Train

From the Tfl website at lunchtime today:-

Northern Line

Minor delays are occurring between Camden Town and Kennington via
Charing Cross due to a fox on the track at Warren Street.

How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any
more unusual excuses for delays?

Old January 18th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 04:08:02 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any
more unusual excuses for delays?

Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead one
would be a benefit to everyone.

B2003

Old January 18th 10, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 18, 12:08*pm, Paul wrote:
From the Tfl website at lunchtime today:-

Northern Line

Minor delays are occurring between Camden Town and Kennington via
Charing Cross due to a fox on the track at Warren Street.

How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any
more unusual excuses for delays?

My favourite excuse for a delay was in the early hours of New Year's
Day 2007 at Finsbury Park.
"Piccadilly Line services are currently suspended eastbound due to a
fight in progress at Caledonian Road. The police are in attendance,
and once they're satisfied that it's reached its conclusion, services
will resume, but for now services are suspended and we hope you
realise that this fight is beyond our control."
Old January 18th 10, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul wrote:
How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any
more unusual excuses for delays?

Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead one
would be a benefit to everyone.

B2003

Hopefully it was one of those screaming outside my window at 2 a.m. this
morning!

MaxB

Old January 18th 10, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:44:34 +0000
Bruce wrote:
Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead one
would be a benefit to everyone.

If running over the fox displaced a conductor rail, or removed (or
damaged) the collector shoes or tripcocks on the train, you would be
apoplectic with rage.

Foxes are generally only the size of a collie. I can't see why one would
damage a train or track when suiciders seem to be decapitated quite nicely
without problems.

And we see enough of that already, thank you. ;-)

Perhaps if LU could run something approaching a decent service on the
piccadilly line I wouldn't. Luckily I don't have to suffer it most days but I
heard on the travel news earlier that holborn station was closed for a few
hours in the rush hour and there were delays on the Raynors lane branch yet
again because of yet another signal failure. And this is the most expensive
metro system in the world to travel on. Its a sad farce.

B2003

Old January 18th 10, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Jan 2010 12:47:20 GMT
Adrian wrote:
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

How could a fox get on to the sub surface section of the track? Any more
unusual excuses for delays?

Or more to the point , why did it matter? Just run the bloody thing over
and collect it at the end of the day. Its just vermin , one more dead
one would be a benefit to everyone.

Because if a train emerged from a tunnel into a station with blood &
mince splattered all over the front, there might be one or two...
reactions... amongst the passengers waiting on the platform.

Yes , I suppose you have a point there. No doubt some delicate little flowers
would come over all faint and there'd be even more delays.

OTOH it might make a nice little mascot for a train , in the same way that
some bin lorries have a miserable looking furry toy tied to the front like a
kind of sadistic torture experiment.

B2003

Old January 18th 10, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

martin wrote:

"Piccadilly Line services are currently suspended eastbound due to a
fight in progress at Caledonian Road. The police are in attendance,
and once they're satisfied that it's reached its conclusion, services
will resume, but for now services are suspended and we hope you
realise that this fight is beyond our control."

Was that pre-recorded? ;-)

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.