Old January 24th 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Oyster PAYG Fit?

On behalf of someone else;

'why did it cost me 80p to get to work, but 60p to get back? And it seems to
cost me different amounts to get to Brockley too (none of these are peak
journeys neither)'

and from earlier in the week;

'Just paid 35p for a tube from redbridge to mile end. And the 277 bus was
free.'

Any ideas ?

I don't have full details of journeys to hand, it was just something I was
asked in passing.

TIA

Old January 24th 10, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...

'why did it cost me 80p to get to work, but 60p to get back? And it seems
to cost me different amounts to get to Brockley too (none of these are
peak journeys neither)'

'Just paid 35p for a tube from redbridge to mile end. And the 277 bus was
free.'

They'd reached their fare cap?

Ian

Old January 24th 10, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Ian F." wrote in message
"Q" ..@.. wrote in message

'why did it cost me 80p to get to work, but 60p to get back? And it seems
to cost me different amounts to get to Brockley too (none of these are
peak journeys neither)'

'Just paid 35p for a tube from redbridge to mile end. And the 277 bus was
free.'

They'd reached their fare cap?

Unlikely - these where the only journeys of the day I think.

Old January 24th 10, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Is your friend a railway employee by any chance? I'd assume he would
know if he had such a discount as it doesn't land on your card
automatically - you have to apply for it.

I should point out the 2 quotes given are for 2 people. 1 of which has a
priv loaded onto his oyster the other person is just a normal PAYG card.

The one with the priv is the 1st example and the one without was the 2nd.

The 2nd person had already spoken to the help line and said they hadn't got
a clue.

I'll talk to at least the person with the normal oyster in a day or so and
will enquire with him what happened.

Old January 24th 10, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...

And to follow up my own post - even with a priv loaded on the card why would
one journey be 80p and another 60p ?

Old January 24th 10, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Q ..@.. wrote on 24 January 2010 20:59:45 ...
"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...

And to follow up my own post - even with a priv loaded on the card why would
one journey be 80p and another 60p ?

You've now made 4 posts in this thread and we still don't know what the
full journey patterns of these two individuals were on the days in
question. What's all this about different amounts to get to Brockley?
Where from? By what route? What day of the week? We're not mind-readers!
--
Richard J.
Old January 24th 10, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Richard J." wrote in message
news
What's all this about different amounts to get to Brockley? Where from? By
what route? What day of the week? We're not mind-readers!

I know - I know - sorry I will get more details when I talk to them next!