Old March 6th 10, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What is the 969 bus for?

In uk.transport.london message ,
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:47:25, Paul Terry posted
In message , Arthur
Figgis writes

Given the absence of such strategically vital bus links as the N213,
presumably there is a really good reason for the 969 to exist - but
what is it?

As said by Barry, it is a remnant of the mobility bus network. FWIW, it
passes the end of my road on its infrequent visits, and I don't think
I've ever seen anybody on board.

I think I might sound like Margaret Thatcher on the Chelsea-Hackney
line if I asked why anyone from Whitton should ever want to go to Asda
in Putney Vale.

More likely to Roehampton Disability Centre - one website for which
seems currently disabled - and/or
http://www.limbless-association.org/. But I know that that Asda gets
customers from near here, which is a not dissimilar distance.

A cached version of the missing site shows malformatted 0207 telephone
numbers for the London Centre for Dementia Care. Other London numbers
on that page, for other afflictions, are 020.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.07 IE 8.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Old March 6th 10, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message id, John
Stockton writes

In uk.transport.london message ,
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:47:25, Paul Terry posted

I think I might sound like Margaret Thatcher on the Chelsea-Hackney
line if I asked why anyone from Whitton should ever want to go to Asda
Putney Vale.

More likely to Roehampton Disability Centre

Possible, but a bus that makes only two return trips a week is going to
be of very limited use for that purpose.

--
Paul Terry
Old March 7th 10, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 05/03/2010 08:01, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mar 4, 11:24 pm, Mizter wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:11 pm, Paul wrote:

Is (the real world) Mr Figgis is actually involved in the real world
campaign? (I dare say it was meant as a figure of speech, but one
never knows.)

I thought it might attract a bite :-)

I don't know if he was involved in the Facebook campaign that sprang
up

I went to their rally, but felt very very old amongst them. Somehow I
suspect the people involved weren't the sort to be reading transport
Usenet groups (though if the young lady who had the clipboard is an
anorak type, and is reading this...)

Anyway, I now know what the 969 is for, so thanks to everyone. I can
impress people in pubs or something.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK