Old April 15th 10, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Community Bike Ride!!

Pump Your Ride, Saturday 17th April 2010.

Meet at 3.30pm by Whitestone Pond, top of Hampstead

The Commons Party proudly presents 'Pump Your Ride', a colourful,
carnival-style

community bike ride.

Kilburn and Hampstead is an area plagued with temper mental public
transport. Yet cycling, the obvious solution, can be hairy/scary.. So
lets get on our bikes, one and all, take to the sunny streets and show
those cars what we're made of!

Bring flags, silly hats, bike-powered tunes, all of your friends and
big smiles! We'll reclaim the streets, carnival style!

We've got a huge tricycle sound system, so it'll be a true party ride.

Come from 2.30pm for a free bike maintenance workshop, for pre-ride
essential tweakings.

Join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...9061842&ref=ts

See you there!

Email with any queries

Old April 15th 10, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 02:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
"tamsinomond@googlemail,com" wrote:
lets get on our bikes, one and all, take to the sunny streets and show
those cars what we're made of!

Squishy bits that don't deal well with being run over by irate drivers.

Bring flags, silly hats, bike-powered tunes, all of your friends and
big smiles! We'll reclaim the streets, carnival style!

We've got a huge tricycle sound system, so it'll be a true party ride.

You ever thought of growing up?

B2003

Old April 15th 10, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Kilburn and Hampstead is an area plagued with temper mental public
transport. Yet cycling, the obvious solution, can be hairy/scary.. So
lets get on our bikes, one and all, take to the sunny streets and show
those cars what we're made of!

And how is that going to improve Kilburn and Hampstead's "temper
mental" public transport? Specifically, how are you going to ensure
that buses are not delayed by your action?

Old April 15th 10, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/04/2010 10:36, tamsinomond@googlemail,com wrote:
Pump Your Ride, Saturday 17th April 2010.

Meet at 3.30pm by Whitestone Pond, top of Hampstead

Bring flags, silly hats, bike-powered tunes, all of your friends and
big smiles! We'll reclaim the streets, carnival style!

Since there are four banned turns at the traffic lights there, and all
the roads are too narrow for most vehicles to U-turn, I'd be interested
to know if they've thought of the consequences of blocking Whitestone Walk.
Old April 15th 10, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:14:24 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 15/04/2010 10:36, tamsinomond@googlemail,com wrote:
Pump Your Ride, Saturday 17th April 2010.

Meet at 3.30pm by Whitestone Pond, top of Hampstead

Bring flags, silly hats, bike-powered tunes, all of your friends and
big smiles! We'll reclaim the streets, carnival style!

Since there are four banned turns at the traffic lights there, and all
the roads are too narrow for most vehicles to U-turn, I'd be interested
to know if they've thought of the consequences of blocking Whitestone Walk.

They don't care. It'll be the usual bunch of unemployed losers and students
with nothing else better to do with their time than **** of people trying
to earn a living.

B2003

Old April 17th 10, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tamsinomond@googlemail,com" wrote

[snip]

Kilburn and Hampstead is an area plagued with temper mental public
transport. Yet cycling, the obvious solution, can be hairy/scary..

Driving a car can be hairy/scary too, in that area, or anywhere.
That people work through that initial scariness shows that they think
driving a car is worth it. That people are not willing to ride
through that initial scariness on a bike shows that they think riding
a bike is not worth it.

Well, it's a free country, I guess.

With car or bike, instruction helps. For bikes you can get
subsidised, or even free, instruction from your local Council, which
is something you don't get for cars. Or else you can just read
"Cyclecraft". You do know about "Cyclecraft", I hope.

Actually, I find negotiating the Swiss Cottage Gyratory easier on a
bike than in a car

Jeremy Parker