Old April 18th 10, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The TfL Journey Planner and the 25

Has anyone else noticed that when either the Central Line and/or the
National Express service is down between Liverpool Street and Stratford, the
TfL Journey Planner seems to refuse to admit to the existence of the No 25
despite it being the official recommended alternative route (rail
replacement buses don't seem to ever be laid on)? I've been recommended all
manner of bizarre alternate routes around the houses, particularly via
Walthamstow Central/Queens Road, even when the 25 offers a direct,
interchangeless journey.

Is this a standard TfL strategy or something exceptional for east London?

Old April 18th 10, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sun, 18 Apr 2010
20:50:02 in uk.transport.london, Tim Roll-Pickering T.C.Roll-
writes
Has anyone else noticed that when either the Central Line and/or the
National Express service is down between Liverpool Street and Stratford, the
TfL Journey Planner seems to refuse to admit to the existence of the No 25
despite it being the official recommended alternative route (rail
replacement buses don't seem to ever be laid on)? I've been recommended all
manner of bizarre alternate routes around the houses, particularly via
Walthamstow Central/Queens Road, even when the 25 offers a direct,
interchangeless journey.

Is this a standard TfL strategy or something exceptional for east London?

I agree with what you found. I dispute your conclusion.
I have just checked stops on
www.tfl.gov.uk.

Eastbound: ... King Edward Street; St Paul's Station; Bank
Station/Poultry; King William Street/Monument; Great Tower Street; The
Tower of London; Mansell Street; Aldgate East Station; ...
Westbound: ... Aldgate East Station; Aldgate Station; St Katherine Cree;
St Mary Axe; Bank Station/Cornhill; Poultry/Bank Station; St Pauls
Station ...

i.e. it does not go very near Liverpool Street in either direction.

What makes you think otherwise?
--
Walter Briscoe
Old April 18th 10, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 18, 10:11*pm, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

[...]

May I dispute your disputation - Aldgate *is* very near Liverpool
Street station. Well, pretty near - less than half a mile.
Old April 19th 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:34:08 -0700, Mizter T wrote:

On Apr 18, 10:11Â*pm, Walter Briscoe wrote:

[...]

It also goes past Bank, which means that even if it doesn't go right by
L'pool St, you can get yourself on the Central Line pretty easily at the
next stop....
Old April 24th 10, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Apr, 20:50, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that when either the Central Line and/or the
National Express service is down between Liverpool Street and Stratford, the
TfL Journey Planner seems to refuse to admit to the existence of the No 25
despite it being the official recommended alternative route (rail
replacement buses don't seem to ever be laid on)? I've been recommended all
manner of bizarre alternate routes around the houses, particularly via
Walthamstow Central/Queens Road, even when the 25 offers a direct,
interchangeless journey.

Is this a standard TfL strategy or something exceptional for east London?

I cannot speak for TFL, but is it possible that if this were
advertised in disruption, it would become over run ?

I know that there are some TOCs that have ticket acceptance on
alternatives that are not advertised widely, simply because the amount
of commuters "in the know" already outstrips the demand for the
alternative when the poo hits the extractor.

The single car unit (class 153) operating between Bedford & Bletchley
is one that springs to mind amongst others.

Richard