Old April 28th 10, 08:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default ELL video

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:01:26 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Are there actually plans for WLL trains to go that far east?

No. The NLL and ELL overlap between Canonbury and Highbury.

Oops. Never was good at geography! Or decrypting TLAs.

Old April 28th 10, 08:33 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 27/04/2010 22:23, The Gardener wrote:
On Apr 27, 10:20 pm, wrote:
On Apr 27, 12:50 am, wrote: There's a cab-view video of a test run on the ELl athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8620188.stm-rather
entertaining at the end where it seems to be herding track workers
along the line.
Oh and by the way, they're announcing that the line is open, Monday
to Friday.

In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.

Not the prettiest station, is it?
Old April 28th 10, 08:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 28/04/2010 07:32, Peter Masson wrote:

"Ernesto" wrote

I traveled on the WLL later on in the day, the line diagrams on the
378 I rode on made no mention of the ELL at all, not even as "under
construction".

There are two separate fleets, one (DC only) for the ELL, and another
(dual voltage) for the NLL/WLL/Euston-Watford DC. It makes sense only to
include line diagrams for the lines the trains will run on. Similarly D
stock don't include the Circle/H&C on their line diagrams, and C stock
include Wimbledon - Edgware Road, but not teh rest of the District.

Peter

Cannot ELL trains be fitted with a pantograph? I'm sure that many will
have noticed that they have pantograph coaches.
Old April 28th 10, 08:37 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 28/04/2010 10:55, Ivor The Engine wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:51:47 -0700 (PDT), Abigail Brady
wrote:

I suggest the reason the WLL trains observed hadn't got maps that show
the ELL isn't that they have decided not to, it is that they haven't
got round to putting them on yet. Wait a month, then see...

Once the extension to Highbury and Islington is completed the two
lines will overlap, with a common stop at Canonbury, so they will need
something by then won't they?

Are there actually plans for WLL trains to go that far east?

Old April 28th 10, 08:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 8:39*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:07 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

They haven't done that with the maps Peter, the ELL trains have the
entire LO network, including West Croydon and Crystal Palace as
you'd expect at this stage. I don't see how they could include the
SLL without a major rethink though...

For reference the line diagram/ map (whatever it is) that's in the
378/0s can be seen here - note that this is the pre-ELL version (which
will presumably be updated soon, though maybe not before through
running south of NXG starts in late May):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/3716599200/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/3717604074/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ceej-muso/3863749969/

378/1 he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffde.../set-721576238...

I did like the caption on Flickr...
"I love all you fellow rail geeks. I've just been travelling round the
world for a year, taking loads of photos, and in less than 24 hours a
photo of a tube map is on course to become my most viewed photo ever."

(Oh, I've started the clock...)

Old April 28th 10, 09:01 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

I suggest the reason the WLL trains observed hadn't got maps that show
the ELL isn't that they have decided not to, it is that they haven't
got round to putting them on yet. Wait a month, then see...

Once the extension to Highbury and Islington is completed the two
lines will overlap, with a common stop at Canonbury, so they will need
something by then won't they?

Are there actually plans for WLL trains to go that far east?

When the NLL reopens there will be quite a number of through trains from
Clapham Junction to Stratford via the WLL and NLL.

Peter

Old April 28th 10, 09:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote

Cannot ELL trains be fitted with a pantograph? I'm sure that many will
have noticed that they have pantograph coaches.

They can, but why cart one around when it's not going to be used.

Peter

ELL video Paul Scott London Transport 0 April 27th 10 11:02 AM
YouTube video clips - how to capture Streaming London Transport 2 November 20th 06 08:49 AM
This video-clip proofs that man really should ask for directions [email protected] London Transport 1 March 14th 06 06:24 PM
Bank to King George V "cabride" video on Google Clive R Robertson London Transport 14 February 7th 06 09:10 AM
Video 125 Piccadilly Tom Beevers London Transport 10 September 8th 03 06:33 PM