Old April 27th 10, 09:20 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default ELL video

On Apr 27, 12:50*am, TimB wrote:
There's a cab-view video of a test run on the ELl athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8620188.stm- rather
entertaining at the end where it seems to be herding track workers
along the line.
*Oh and by the way, they're announcing that the line is open, Monday
to Friday.
*

In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? I always found them very useful.

Old April 27th 10, 09:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 10:20*pm, E27002 wrote:
On Apr 27, 12:50*am, TimB wrote: There's a cab-view video of a test run on the ELl athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8620188.stm-rather
entertaining at the end where it seems to be herding track workers
along the line.
*Oh and by the way, they're announcing that the line is open, Monday
to Friday.
*

In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. *Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? *I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.
Old April 27th 10, 09:25 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 2:23*pm, The Gardener wrote:
On Apr 27, 10:20*pm, E27002 wrote:

On Apr 27, 12:50*am, TimB wrote: There's a cab-view video of a test run on the ELl athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8620188.stm-rather
entertaining at the end where it seems to be herding track workers
along the line.
*Oh and by the way, they're announcing that the line is open, Monday
to Friday.
*

In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. *Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? *I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.

Thank you, I am glad to hear it. It will be intersting to see how
these orbital routes develop. I think they will do well.
Old April 27th 10, 10:26 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 10:23*pm, The Gardener wrote:

On Apr 27, 10:20*pm, E27002 wrote:
[snip]
In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. *Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? *I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.

Urgh! Haven't been to Sunderland for a while - has it been improved of
late?
Old April 27th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 10:25*pm, E27002 wrote:

On Apr 27, 2:23*pm, The Gardener wrote:

On Apr 27, 10:20*pm, E27002 wrote:
[snip]
In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. *Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? *I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.

Thank you, I am glad to hear it. *It will be intersting to see how
these orbital routes develop. *I think they will do well.

Well, the NLL and WLL already do extremely well - I'm in no doubt that
the ELL will be very successful.

Old April 27th 10, 11:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 27/04/2010 22:23, The Gardener wrote:
On Apr 27, 10:20 pm, wrote:
On Apr 27, 12:50 am, wrote: There's a cab-view video of a test run on the ELl athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8620188.stm-rather
entertaining at the end where it seems to be herding track workers
along the line.
Oh and by the way, they're announcing that the line is open, Monday
to Friday.

In the video I do not see the inside car line diagrams that
underground cars have. Will these not be a feature of the "London
Overground"? I always found them very useful.

They are definitely there - I travelled on the ELL this afternoon. The
whole set-up is very impressive, with the rather gloomy exception of
Dalston Junction, which reminds me of Birmingham New Street or
Sunderland about seven years ago.

I traveled on the WLL later on in the day, the line diagrams on the 378
I rode on made no mention of the ELL at all, not even as "under
construction".

--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."
Old April 28th 10, 06:32 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"Ernesto" wrote

I traveled on the WLL later on in the day, the line diagrams on the 378 I
rode on made no mention of the ELL at all, not even as "under
construction".

There are two separate fleets, one (DC only) for the ELL, and another (dual
voltage) for the NLL/WLL/Euston-Watford DC. It makes sense only to include
line diagrams for the lines the trains will run on. Similarly D stock don't
include the Circle/H&C on their line diagrams, and C stock include
Wimbledon - Edgware Road, but not teh rest of the District.

Peter

Old April 28th 10, 06:59 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 28 Apr, 07:32, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Ernesto" wrote

I traveled on the WLL later on in the day, the line diagrams on the 378 I
rode on made no mention of the ELL at all, not even as "under
construction".

There are two separate fleets, one (DC only) for the ELL, and another (dual
voltage) for the NLL/WLL/Euston-Watford DC. It makes sense only to include
line diagrams for the lines the trains will run on. Similarly D stock don't
include the Circle/H&C on their line diagrams, and C stock include
Wimbledon - Edgware Road, but not teh rest of the District.

Peter

But it's only in the last few years that the C stock has stopped
showing Olympia. Always a strange anomaly till then.
Old April 28th 10, 07:51 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 7:32*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
There are two separate fleets, one (DC only) for the ELL, and another (dual
voltage) for the NLL/WLL/Euston-Watford DC. It makes sense only to include
line diagrams for the lines the trains will run on. Similarly D stock don't
include the Circle/H&C on their line diagrams, and C stock include
Wimbledon - Edgware Road, but not teh rest of the District.

Which may or may not make sense as a principle, but evidently isn't
the principle being followed
for these London Overground maps, 'cos otherwise they wouldn't show
the Goblin (which they do).

I suggest the reason the WLL trains observed hadn't got maps that show
the ELL isn't that they have decided not to, it is that they haven't
got round to putting them on yet. Wait a month, then see...

--
Abi
Old April 28th 10, 07:54 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 10:20 pm, *wrote:
[...]

I was on the WLL on Monday too and at Shepherds Bush I picked up a
pretty good leaflet about the ELL project. So they do know about each
other...
Tim

ELL video Paul Scott London Transport 0 April 27th 10 11:02 AM
YouTube video clips - how to capture Streaming London Transport 2 November 20th 06 08:49 AM
This video-clip proofs that man really should ask for directions [email protected] London Transport 1 March 14th 06 06:24 PM
Bank to King George V "cabride" video on Google Clive R Robertson London Transport 14 February 7th 06 09:10 AM
Video 125 Piccadilly Tom Beevers London Transport 10 September 8th 03 06:33 PM