Old May 3rd 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where to get a Way Out Tube Map quickly

Can anyone tell me somewhere where I can order a Way Out Tube Map? I
want to give it to someone who is moving to London soon as part of a
birthday present. I tried calling Stanfords at 020 7836 1321, but they
don't seem to sell to individuals anymore by phone. I can't find it on
their web site either. Amazon.co.uk seems to sell it, but they require
1-2 weeks for delivery.

I'd love to go down to Stanfords myself and buy it but I won't have time
before the day. Any other suggestions?
--
Michael Hoffman

Old May 3rd 05, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 03 May 2005 12:01:00 +0100, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

Can anyone tell me somewhere where I can order a Way Out Tube Map? I
want to give it to someone who is moving to London soon as part of a
birthday present. I tried calling Stanfords at 020 7836 1321, but they
don't seem to sell to individuals anymore by phone. I can't find it on
their web site either. Amazon.co.uk seems to sell it, but they require
1-2 weeks for delivery.

I'd love to go down to Stanfords myself and buy it but I won't have time
before the day. Any other suggestions?

http://www.bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/

would appear to be able to get it out to you in 3-9 days.

The only other thought is the National Map Centre near St James Park -
the map didn't register on their search engine though. Give them a ring?

http://www.mapsnmc.co.uk/
--
Paul C

Old May 3rd 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 3 May 2005:

Can anyone tell me somewhere where I can order a Way Out Tube Map?
I want to give it to someone who is moving to London soon as part of a
birthday present. I tried calling Stanfords at 020 7836 1321, but they
don't seem to sell to individuals anymore by phone. I can't find it on
their web site either. Amazon.co.uk seems to sell it, but they require 1-2
weeks for delivery.

I'd love to go down to Stanfords myself and buy it but I won't have time
before the day. Any other suggestions?

If you go to http://www.bookbrain.co.uk, they will list all the on-line
outlets with advertised delivery delays, as well as cost.... such a
useful site, I always use it before ordering books on-line!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old May 3rd 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/

would appear to be able to get it out to you in 3-9 days.

The only other thought is the National Map Centre near St James Park -
the map didn't register on their search engine though. Give them a ring?

http://www.mapsnmc.co.uk/

Thanks for this, Paul. It looks like Blackwell's, like Amazon, does not
keep any in stock, and I haven't left enough time for nine days to work.
I have e-mailed the author of the map directly to see if he can help,
but other than that looks like I will just have to present an IOU to my
friend. I'm getting her a paperback mini A-Z too. Hopefully these will
keep her from being totally clueless in London.

Thanks again.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old May 4th 05, 07:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

LT Museum shop?