Old May 19th 10, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gatwick - London: first time traveller needs advice

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:06:31AM +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

He could buy a BZ5 to Gatwick ticket, and use it on any train which stops
at East Croydon (provided the ticket is valid on that train, of course).

Because East Croydon is in Z5? It doesn't work that way.

I normally have a Z1-4 travelcard, but if I get a ticket from BZ4 to
wherever, the train doesn't have to stop in zone 4 for the ticket to be
valid.

BZ tickets are the big exception to the normal rule that if you are
combining multiple tickets for a single journey, you need to travel on
trains that stop at appropriate places.

There is no one true indentation style,
But if there were K&R would be Its Prophets.
Peace be upon Their Holy Beards.

Old May 19th 10, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...

I normally have a Z1-4 travelcard, but if I get a ticket from BZ4 to
wherever, the train doesn't have to stop in zone 4 for the ticket to be
valid.

BZ tickets are the big exception to the normal rule that if you are
combining multiple tickets for a single journey, you need to travel on
trains that stop at appropriate places.

As is regularly pointed out, if you did need to stop at a 'boundary station'
there'd be even less point in having the tickets. This is precisely why
they are issued from the boundary between two zones - which as a glance at
the map shows is not always at a station.

Paul S

Old May 19th 10, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 00:11:14 +0100, Tom Anderson

wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2010, Paul Corfield wrote:

At that time of day you only have one option - the

Not the!

For the benefit of Jarle, the is a bus service so secret MI5 erase
all
mention of it from the British internet. You will never read about
the
online, or the amazing journeys from to one can make on it.

Oddly enough, you are allowed to mention that it goes to Clapton
Pond.

Oh, do behave Mr Anderson!

The funniest thing I've read all day. Is it the same MI5 that erases the
names of stations from train information systems? "The next station is."
--
Current nearest station: Crystal Palace