Old May 18th 10, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELL preview service

MIG wrote:
On 18 May, 17:53, Mizter T wrote:

...it would make sense - it works because London Bridge and
Blackfriars (and indeed Victoria) are at different ends of the table
(i.e. the top and towards the bottom).-

I guess it would be better to do that, but they way they've got it is
in the right order for trains from Crystal Palace, an attempt to
include which may have led to the problem (they also can't be shown
arriving at London Bridge).

That seems a resonable explanation, but it does seem odd not to attempt to
do it in both directions.

OTOH, how many people even bother with this timetable - the vast majority
will use the local TOC's products, which will usually be laid out in
different logical patterns of services anyway...

Paul S

Old May 18th 10, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On May 18, 5:11*pm, "Batman55" wrote:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%...metables/Table
178.pdf
and it appears that, in the down direction (?) Peckham Rye and Queens
Road Peckham have swapped places. The timings, where shown, make
sense but...

Am I missing something?

No. Network Rail's timetable department are missing some quality
control though.

If you think that's bad, take a look at Table 25!

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old May 18th 10, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 18 May, 23:26, wrote:
In article ,

(Paul Scott) wrote:
Just wondering how the service is being used in the morning peak at
the moment, as I haven't been in London before mid day at all since
the preview began, and it's gone a bit quiet on the subject here...

Are there signs of many passengers having gone back to changing onto
the ELL at NX or NXG, as pre conversion, ie when it was an LU line?

Traffic was light tonight when I finally got my first ride, from Canada
Water to Dalston Junction and back to Whitechapel.

Did the Whitechapel Southbound EL platform always have such crap access to
the District and H & C platforms (over a foot bridge onto the Northbound
platform)? It wasn't as I remembered but it's a long time since I
interchanged there.

Yes, but southbound was usually the other platform where trains
reversed except peaks and Sundays.
Old May 19th 10, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Batman55 wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Just wondering how the service is being used in the morning peak at
the moment, as I haven't been in London before mid day at all since
the preview began, and it's gone a bit quiet on the subject here...

Are there signs of many passengers having gone back to changing onto
the ELL at NX or NXG, as pre conversion, ie when it was an LU line?

Paul S

Just looking at the full service from later this month
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%...s/Table178.pdf
and it appears that, in the down direction (?) Peckham Rye and Queens
Road Peckham have swapped places. The timings, where shown, make
sense but...
Am I missing something?

For anyone coming late to this discussion, the NR timetables have been
reissued this morning, and the faults we were discussing appear to have been
overcome. In particular the columns appear to be sorted correctly left to
right so that trains through NXG appear in their correct time order.

Paul S

Old May 19th 10, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 19, 12:16*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Batman55 wrote:

Just looking at the full service from later this month
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%...s/Table178.pdf
and it appears that, in the down direction (?) Peckham Rye and Queens
Road Peckham have swapped places. The timings, where shown, make
sense but...
Am I missing something?

For anyone coming late to this discussion, the NR timetables have been
reissued this morning, and the faults we were discussing appear to have been
overcome. In particular the columns appear to be sorted correctly left to
right so that trains through NXG appear in their correct time order.

No so - e.g. the 08:45 LO service from Dalston Jn appears a few
columns to the left of the 08:51 SN service from London Bridge, but
the Southern service gets to NX Gate ten minutes before the LO train
(and is obviously first down the line towards Sydenham).
Old May 19th 10, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On May 19, 12:16 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Batman55 wrote:

Just looking at the full service from later this month
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%...s/Table178.pdf
and it appears that, in the down direction (?) Peckham Rye and
Queens Road Peckham have swapped places. The timings, where shown,
make sense but...
Am I missing something?

For anyone coming late to this discussion, the NR timetables have
been reissued this morning, and the faults we were discussing appear
to have been overcome. In particular the columns appear to be sorted
correctly left to right so that trains through NXG appear in their
correct time order.

No so - e.g. the 08:45 LO service from Dalston Jn appears a few
columns to the left of the 08:51 SN service from London Bridge, but
the Southern service gets to NX Gate ten minutes before the LO train
(and is obviously first down the line towards Sydenham).

Ah... so the bunch of amateurs have only fixed the first few pages then.
Completely useless...

Paul S

Old May 19th 10, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
For anyone coming late to this discussion, the NR timetables have been
reissued this morning, and the faults we were discussing appear to have been
overcome. In particular the columns appear to be sorted correctly left to
right so that trains through NXG appear in their correct time order.

Is there a prize for spotting the first error? Can I go with the second
line on the first page which says

Sunday 23 May 2009 to Saturday 11 December 2010

More attention to detail required, I think.

--
Phil
Liverpool, UK

ELL Late Preview Mizter T London Transport 10 May 2nd 10 02:31 AM
ELL Late Preview MIG London Transport 3 May 2nd 10 02:30 AM
Preview of new TfL website Paul Corfield London Transport 11 March 23rd 07 02:45 PM
No comments about the ELL? dan London Transport 0 July 17th 03 04:52 PM
ELL dot matrixes Joe Patrick London Transport 0 July 15th 03 04:57 PM