Old May 24th 10, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crystal Palace station

Neil Williams wrote

On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:48:44 +0100, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Not at all likely as [IIRC from discussions in uk.railway] current

mainline
stock door controls only allow opening on one side.

Really? I'd be surprised if you couldn't open both sides
separately[1]. Unless the "close" buttons close all doors regardless
of size, in which case you'd need more staff to watch the "wrong"

side
when closing.

[1] You definitely can on 321s, as these can often be seen in
Bletchley CS with all doors open on both sides, presumably during
cleaning.

And I am pretty sure I have seen DMUs with both sides open, probably at
Guildford.

May be Terminus Mode rather than Running Mode ?

--
Mike D

Old May 24th 10, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Neil Williams wrote

On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:48:44 +0100, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Not at all likely as [IIRC from discussions in uk.railway] current
mainline stock door controls only allow opening on one side.

Really? I'd be surprised if you couldn't open both sides
separately[1]. Unless the "close" buttons close all doors regardless
of size, in which case you'd need more staff to watch the "wrong"
side when closing.

[1] You definitely can on 321s, as these can often be seen in
Bletchley CS with all doors open on both sides, presumably during
cleaning.

And I am pretty sure I have seen DMUs with both sides open, probably
at Guildford.

You may have done at some time, but the Guildford overhead displays nowadays
state that train doors do not open on whichever platform number it is.
Greenford bay and the Reading bays (6&7?) are also always operated from one
side only.

Paul S

Old May 27th 10, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

solar penguin wrote:

They probably just haven't got around to removing the seats and
indicator yet. The main priority has got to be getting the new
platforms ready, not tidying up the one that's being taken out of use.

They're gone today, so probably done earlier in the week as there was
absolutely no sign at about lunchtime.

Looked like the old P4 'one person operation mirrors' will be next to go,
they've been turned away from the live tracks...

Paul S

Old May 28th 10, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 May, 22:26, "Paul Scott" wrote:
solar penguin wrote:
They probably just haven't got around to removing the seats and
indicator yet. *The main priority has got to be getting the new
platforms ready, not tidying up the one that's being taken out of use.

They're gone today, so probably done earlier in the week as there was
absolutely no sign at about lunchtime.

Looked like the old P4 'one person operation mirrors' will be next to go,
they've been turned away from the live tracks...

Paul S

I think they were doing the seating on Thursday morning, I got there
about 10.43 and they were busy then!