Old December 1st 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Surface stock

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly trains
going to Heathrow.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 1st 03, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly trains
going to Heathrow.

Assuming that Crossrail takes over the District Line Richmond branch I
hope, otherwise the frequency will be appalling.

Actually the frequency to Richmond is only 4tph anyway isn't it? What's
the Piccadilly frequency - 6tph?

As an infrequent user, I feel sorry for frequent users of the Rayners
Lane branch if this is going to be the case - it'll take them even
longer to get to central London unless they change trains. Roll on Park
Royal Piccadilly (or should I say District) interchange?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 2nd 03, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

What's the Piccadilly frequency - 6tph?

A few years ago, Picc frequency between Acton Town and Rayners was 6tph off
peak, 12 tph peak. It might be slightly less now. I wonder how they plan to
replace that peak service with District Line trains, even after the Richmond
branch is gone.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 2nd 03, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly trains
going to Heathrow.

Assuming that Crossrail takes over the District Line Richmond branch I
hope, otherwise the frequency will be appalling.

Actually the frequency to Richmond is only 4tph anyway isn't it? What's
the Piccadilly frequency - 6tph?

I've seen the peak frequency to Richmond quoted as either 6 or 7tph.

Robin

Old December 2nd 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

What's the Piccadilly frequency - 6tph?

A few years ago, Picc frequency between Acton Town and Rayners was 6tph off
peak, 12 tph peak. It might be slightly less now. I wonder how they plan to
replace that peak service with District Line trains, even after the Richmond
branch is gone.

Reduction in Ealing Broadway frequency due to it being served by Crossrail?
Of course however good Crossrail is, it still goes to many of the same
places as the Central Line anyway so District would lose out.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 2nd 03, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

John Rowland wrote:
[...]

off peak is 6tph for district.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:11:35 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly trains
going to Heathrow.

Interesting rumour mill John - not heard any of that from within LUL. I
must find myself a better source.
--
Paul C
Admits to Working for London Underground!

Old December 2nd 03, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly trains
going to Heathrow.

Interesting rumour mill John - not heard any of that from within LUL. I
must find myself a better source.

I heard that the Victoria Line was next for new stock.. I know what C
and D is, so maybe that's A......
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to

replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South

London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved

platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly

trains
going to Heathrow.

Interesting rumour mill John - not heard any of that from within LUL. I
must find myself a better source.

I heard that the Victoria Line was next for new stock.. I know what C
and D is, so maybe that's A......

'fraid not, A is A60 as used on the Met...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Old December 2nd 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to

replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South

London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved

platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly

trains
going to Heathrow.

Interesting rumour mill John - not heard any of that from within LUL. I
must find myself a better source.

I heard that the Victoria Line was next for new stock.. I know what C
and D is, so maybe that's A......
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

A stock is the Met main and East london line
C H&C
D DIstrict

Were supposed to be getting new stock starting with the met main in 2012.
Its gonna be the same stock for all of ssl. The only difference will be the
number of carridges. Met 8, Distict 7 and h&c an circle will have 6.

One D'stock is being refurbed at the moment. dunno when that will be back.
so i doubt the district will get new trains for atleast 15 yrs.