Old August 12th 10, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fantasy Stations

On Aug 12, 8:49*pm, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 12, 4:27*pm, wrote:

(Alistair Bell) wrote:
I'm not saying any of this would be all that cheap (fer cryin' out
loud, look how much we spent on the supposedly simple East London
Line) but it probably _is_ cheap enough to be feasible if it's
desirable. (Not in the current Coalition 'let's slash everything'
mindset, of course.)

The outgoing Labour Government's "I'm afraid there's no money left"
mindset, you mean?

So how's this working then - do you have a leased line between
Millbank and Cowley Street yet?

(I merely jest ;-)

:-)

I'm not sure where you were referring to by "Millbank". I was there (No.4)
today but not for anything you were thinking of, I'm sure.

No, not No. 4, the home of the hacks and the collapsed atrium - I
refer to 30 Millbank, aka the Tower formerly inhabited by the rose-
tinted nouveau prole party, but now home to the legion of landed
gentry, with whom I understand your permissive posse presently have an
arrangement of some sort... ;-)

Old August 12th 10, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 12, 10:36*pm, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 12, 8:49*pm, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 12, 4:27*pm, wrote:
[snip]
The outgoing Labour Government's "I'm afraid there's no money
left" mindset, you mean?

So how's this working then - do you have a leased line between
Millbank and Cowley Street yet?

(I merely jest ;-)

:-)

I'm not sure where you were referring to by "Millbank". I was there
(No.4) today but not for anything you were thinking of, I'm sure.

No, not No. 4, the home of the hacks and the collapsed atrium - I
refer to 30 Millbank, aka the Tower formerly inhabited by the rose-
tinted nouveau prole party, but now home to the legion of landed
gentry, with whom I understand your permissive posse presently have an
arrangement of some sort... ;-)

I know nothing of this. You shouldn't believe all you read in the press,
as they say...

Crossed wires here, or rather crossed leased lines - I didn't read it
in the press, I made it up! A gentle bit of joshing, that's all, for
in an earlier post you appeared to be toeing the party line! ;-)
(That's not to say that I think the piggy bank is full, not at all!)
Old March 6th 11, 04:33 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral View Post
Does anyone know if there any plans to build any new stations and/or extra platforms to link up some of the existing bits of rail infrastructure in the London area? . . . . 37. Brockley: ELL (New Cross Gate - Croydon line), SET (Lewisham - Peckham line)
I was at Brockley station the other day and a train went through "overhead" as it were. I couldn't help thinking how easy it would be to create an interchange station by building platforms on the Lewisham/Peckham route.

More ambitious - and seemingly far too ambitious even to cross the mind of Boris or TfL - but increasingly necessary is extending the Victoria Line from Walthamstow Central to Leytonstone Underground Station. The eastern end of the Central Line is a self-contained loop because trains can be reversed at Leytonstone. When the Central Line is closed because of works or someone jumping under a train at Mile End, the Central Line keeps operating between Epping, Hainault and Leytonstone. As the Victoria Line has been resignalled and can now run a more frequent service, extending the line two miles to Leytonstone would provide real relief for the severely over-crowded Central Line.

Last edited by Robin9 : March 12th 11 at 09:33 PM

Old March 7th 11, 09:25 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Another location where interchange facilities between two currently separate stations should be installed is in North Clapham where Clapham High Street station and Clapham North station are a few hundred yards apart.

Brixton Station is another place where interchange facilities should have been added years ago. The line taking trains from Victoria to Dartford passes directly over the platforms of Brixton Station but has no platforms of its own! Interchange is therefore impossible. Yet Brixton is a major population centre and is already an important passenger transport hub because of the connections with the Victoria Line.