Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 10, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default My Thoughts on Recent LU Coverage

On Oct 13, 9:36*am, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:14:28 GMT

(Roy Badami) wrote:
Again, we're not talking about members of the public. *boltar seems to
be suggesting that it would be better if LUL staff ignored their
instructions and instead dialed 999. *I don't think that's the right
way to fix things.

I'll just have to be in the minority on this issue then. For me , if I saw
a load of people injured I'd call 999 first whatever the company procedures,
not my boss. But perhaps I'm just unusual.

I work in a very large building. During our first aid training, we
were told that in a emergency, someone should contact security, who
would alert the emergency services. Our trainer cited an example where
an employee had a heart attack, a colleague called 999, and when the
ambulance turned up at the main gate, the security people didn't even
know it had been called, much less where the paramedics needed to go.
Because medical help didn't reach them in time, the heart attack
victim died.

Whether the LU control rooms functioned as they should have done on
7/7 is probably a matter for the inquest, but I can certainly see the
reason why the call goes to them and not from an individual employee.