Old December 9th 03, 02:25 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default New M6 Toll road opens,road for fools ?

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:23:54 GMT, Diversity Isn't A Codeword For
Anti-White wrote:

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:52:28 -0000, "MrBitsy"
wrote:

Diversity Isn't A Codeword For Anti-White wrote:
I totally agree! on TalkRadio this morning there was a debate about
this new toll road and most callers supported it! I thought you bunch
of morons! Only a small amount of the road tax we pay gets spent on
the roads, the rest is stolen and wasted by other government
departments. There lies the ****ing problem! why on earth anybody
thinks we should have to pay an extra tax to use a new road that
should ALREADY be funded by our road tax I do not know.

I suppose you advocate everyone ****ting in the garden because the local
water authority isn't spending enough on the sewers?

And would you advocate widespread proliferation of road building,both
private and public simply becuase the Government refuses to construct
and facilitate integrated public transport systems but instead merely
pays lip service because they know that as long as cars are on the
road,they have a universal cash cow to milk.

If the govt didn't steal so much of our road tax money and local councils
weren't so obsessed with purposely causing congestion we'd have perfect
roads and wouldn't need to build any new ones.

Ah, tunnel vision is a wonderful means to avoid the realities of
life.....

Old December 9th 03, 02:27 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:25:31 GMT, Diversity Isn't A Codeword For
Anti-White wrote:

"MrBitsy" wrote in message
Diversity Isn't A Codeword For Anti-White wrote:
I totally agree! on TalkRadio this morning there was a debate about
this new toll road and most callers supported it! I thought you bunch
of morons! Only a small amount of the road tax we pay gets spent on
the roads, the rest is stolen and wasted by other government
departments. There lies the ****ing problem! why on earth anybody
thinks we should have to pay an extra tax to use a new road that
should ALREADY be funded by our road tax I do not know.

I suppose you advocate everyone ****ting in the garden because the local
water authority isn't spending enough on the sewers?

eh? you really must be very thick, only a small percentage of our road tax
is spent on roads and then they want us to pay extra to travel on certain
roads, where is the logic in that you total moron? if you had a brain you'd
realise the obvious answer is that more of our road tax should be spent on
the roads, not stolen/wasted elsewhere.

And cut back on the NHS, and teaching and the welfare state and the
police, and .....
Old December 9th 03, 02:46 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Anti-White" wrote:

If the govt didn't steal so much of our road tax money and local councils
weren't so obsessed with purposely causing congestion we'd have perfect
roads and wouldn't need to build any new ones.

I agree with you but it isnt in their interests to invest in public
transport. Government needs cars on the road to keep the tax rolling
in,local authorities are happy to leave the cars on the road and not
invest in public transport because they have more important matters to
finance such as Bengali transaltors,outreach workers and fairness
co-ordinators. I kid you not,the fairness co-ordinators job recently
appeared in the Manchester Evening News and was sought by Bolton Metro
Council.
Old December 9th 03, 02:49 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:17:13 +0000, Take a Walk
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:37:47 +0000, Diversity Isn't A Codeword For
Anti-White wrote:

I totally agree! on TalkRadio this morning there was a debate about this new
toll road and most callers supported it! I thought you bunch of morons! Only
a small amount of the road tax we pay gets spent on the roads, the rest is
stolen and wasted by other government departments. There lies the ****ing
problem! why on earth anybody thinks we should have to pay an extra tax to
use a new road that should ALREADY be funded by our road tax I do not know.

Plenty of people are happy (well- 'uncomplaining' might be a better word)
about the dozens of prior examples of similar 'pay to drive' facilities:

Severn Bridge x2
Humber Bridge
Dartford crossings
Mersey crossings
etc

None of which would have been built by the Government in power at the
times, if private funding had not been around to build them.

Whether they are "happy" or just tolerant is another issue. These
schemes are different in that they are crossings of some kind,i.e
short lengths,not entire motorways,and they are in place of something
which often wasnt there before i.e we need to cross a river,lets build
a bridge or tunnel. There already is an M6 motorway,we dont need
another,we just need government to maintain the existing one. They
wont do this becuase they want to take OUR tax and yet let a private
initiative tear up OUR country to make profit for THEMSELVES ,not the
people.
Old December 9th 03, 02:51 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

news
Anti-White wrote:

[...]

Quite right about the private funding bit of building bridges, however I
seem to remember that when the Dartford Crossing was built the toll was
eventually meant to be phased out. That was 2 years ago.
Funny that at the time the gov. done a survey and said that if the tolls
were phased out, more people would use the crossing thereby causing more
hold-ups! I don't suppose for an instant it the fact that the crossing
generates approx. 50 million per annum. And they've obviously never been
there most mornings from 6-8 or afternoons between 2.30-6.
As for complaining, I think everybody has complained at one time or another
regarding the fact that a toll crossing exists in the middle of one of
Britain's busiest motorways. So why should we the general public pay to use
a road that has already paid for from taxes of one kind or another?
After all if my costs increase to move goods from AtoB, who do you think I
pass that cost on to?

Old December 9th 03, 03:04 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

.. .

wrote in message
I totally agree! on TalkRadio this morning there was a debate about this

new
toll road and most callers supported it! I thought you bunch of morons!

Only
a small amount of the road tax we pay gets spent on the roads, the rest

is
stolen and wasted by other government departments. There lies the

****ing
problem! why on earth anybody thinks we should have to pay an extra tax

use a new road that should ALREADY be funded by our road tax I do not

know.

I suppose you support the idea that the National Insurance contribution
should only fund social security / pensions and the health service too?

By logical extension why should any of my taxes go on educating other people
kids?

Old December 9th 03, 03:05 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Quite right about the private funding bit of building bridges, however I
seem to remember that when the Dartford Crossing was built the toll was
eventually meant to be phased out.

I would expect less congestion on the crossing if everyone didn't have to
queue for the toll!

It was due to disappear next year. and indeed it will. To be replaced with
another toll, exactly the same price the next day.

Old December 9th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

what country are you living in whereby local councils do not purposely
create congestion, because they certainly do in London. And are you also
denying the govt doesn't steal a large percentage of road tax that it uses
on non-road issues? tunnel vision and non-reality, looks like you suffer
both, you maroon.

Old December 9th 03, 03:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

news
Anti-White wrote:

[...]

if the govt spent road tax money on these projects(ie.road-issues) which it
could easily afford to do and gasp isn't it actually meant to? no private
funding would be needed.

Old December 9th 03, 03:21 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

what country are you living in whereby local councils do not purposely
create congestion, because they certainly do in London. And are you also
denying the govt doesn't steal a large percentage of road tax that it uses
on non-road issues? tunnel vision and non-reality, looks like you suffer
both, you maroon.

Yup they have done it deliberatly round here, created congestion spots at

certain junctions and choke points, reset traffic lights to favour empty
feeder roads against roads that have the traffic etc.