Old October 22nd 10, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2011 Fares

On Oct 22, 12:30 pm, martin wrote:

On Oct 21, 9:40 pm, Mizter T wrote:

One simple question - does that "fewer than 6,000 passengers a day"
figure include those who use Oyster PAYG and get capped for z2-6, or
does it solely relate to the sale of printed paper Day Travelcards?

If it's just the latter, then that's some sleight of hand - if anyone
reading this is in a position to ask the TfL press bods for
clarification on this matter then that'd be good. (And on the
associated 300 figure for Anytime/peak z2-6 sales.)

I see someone's taken a similar question to TfL's FoI people:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...ter_cards_havi

Good stuff - so hopefully it'll come out eventually - but what's really
needed now is for Assembly members to effectively press this question next
week whilst it's all still live (and indeed related questions w.r.t.
Anytime/peak capping for zones 1-3 and 1-5).

To do so, they need to properly get their heads around it (it's not really
very complicated), so they're not subsequently fobbed off by any
misdirection such as references to (printed paper) Day Travelcards when the
question related to Oyster PAYG caps. (Yes the two things are linked -
that's the point, they need to ensure that any answers from TfL don't just
refer to one of them, i.e. Day Travelcards - rather, they should get TfL to
provide distinct figures for both of them, i.e. Day Travelcards *and* PAYG
capping, but provide them at the same time, in the same answer.)

One can imagine that at MQT Boris will either not understand it himself, or
perhaps rather more to the point make out he doesn't quite understand it,
and by implication suggest that it's all a very arcane and obscure matter
pertaining to complex fares tables - but it's actually pretty simple, so he
shouldn't just be allowed to sit there scratching his head looking clueless.

Old October 22nd 10, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Oct, 19:52, Mizter T wrote:

One last thing - yes, Oyster Ticket Stops are going to stop selling
printed Day Travelcards - so that's a phasing out of sorts. Can't say
I'm really at all surprised by that - indeed, I'm sure it's been part
of the game plan, what with the withdrawal from newsagents of the
machines that printed tickets and had Oyster pads retrofitted in
favour of the much simpler, all electronic/ no moving parts Oyster
'Pearl' devices - I didn't imagine that newsagents going back to the
old ways of having a stock of pre-printed Travelcards kept in an ice-
cream box under the counter, and stamping the date on them, would last
all that long! So yes, those who specifically want a Day Travelcard
over using Oyster will now need to get to a station in order to buy
one.

That makes me less than gruntled. I live a long way from a station, so
that means I'll have to pay to take a bus to get there. Unless I can
have the cost of that journey deducted from the price of the
travelcard (cue hollow laughter), I lose out by quite a lot. The
usefulness of the paper travelcard is that I can then buy a national
rail ticket to somewhere outside the applicable travelcard zones from
the boundary of said zones, giving me great flexibility in the routing
of the journey.

Old October 22nd 10, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"martin" wrote in message

On Oct 22, 12:07 pm, "tim...." wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

news
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:14:38 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

The other interesting points I spotted is the stated ambition to try to
harmonise TfL and TOC PAYG tariffs and also the moves on child and
student discount levels with the TOCs. Railcard reductions on PAYG
rates (not just caps) will apply to the LUL and DLR PAYG off peak rates
from January 2011 (section 1.17 of the MD document).

Presumably not Network card discounts? When are they going to make that
available?

they didn't seem keen on the idea back in February:
http://mqt.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/...on.do?id=30225

They'd just have to make the Network Card discount available on weekends
only, because of the minimum £13.00 fare...

Paul S

Old October 25th 10, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Mizter T wrote:
Gold Card-discounted Oyster PAYG capping (i.e. the GC equivalent to
having a Railcard discount loaded on one's Oyster card) now exists -
it went live in January I think?

Are discounted caps available for Network Railcards?

-roy
Old October 25th 10, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roy Badami" wrote in message
In article
,
Mizter T wrote:
Gold Card-discounted Oyster PAYG capping (i.e. the GC equivalent to
having a Railcard discount loaded on one's Oyster card) now exists -
it went live in January I think?

Are discounted caps available for Network Railcards?

No - and as I suggested earlier in the thread the main reason is probably
that they are only relevant on weekends, as a £13 minimum fare applies on
weekdays.

Paul S

Old October 25th 10, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Roy Badami" wrote in message
In article
,
Mizter T wrote:
Gold Card-discounted Oyster PAYG capping (i.e. the GC equivalent to
having a Railcard discount loaded on one's Oyster card) now exists -
it went live in January I think?

Are discounted caps available for Network Railcards?

No - and as I suggested earlier in the thread the main reason is probably
that they are only relevant on weekends, as a £13 minimum fare applies on
weekdays.

That just sounds like a "can't be bothered" excuse. How hard is it to
program so that it only applies sat/su.

tim

Old October 25th 10, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 25, 10:54*pm, "tim...." wrote:

"Paul Scott" wrote:

"Roy Badami" wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Gold Card-discounted Oyster PAYG capping (i.e. the GC equivalent to
having a Railcard discount loaded on one's Oyster card) now exists -
it went live in January I think?

Are discounted caps available for Network Railcards?

No - and as I suggested earlier in the thread the main reason is probably
that they are only relevant on weekends, as a £13 minimum fare applies on
weekdays.

That just sounds like a "can't be bothered" excuse. *How hard is it to
program so that it only applies sat/su.

It'd only happen if the TOCs want it to happen - the Network Railcard
is not 'TfL's baby', so to speak.