Old November 1st 10, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Not stopping at Bank

I was somewhat lost in a book, and not paying attention - but on the
way home from work on Saturday evening, on an eastbound Central Line
train at Chancery Lane, the driver took great pains to point out that
we would not be stopping at Bank.

And we didn't. The train slowed to the regulation 5mph, and trundled
through without stopping. Much to the confusion of people on the
train, and the couple of hundred people on the platform. I couldn't
hear any obvious alarm, or "Inspector Sands" PA from the platform, so
it didn't really look like the station was closed. Any ideas why this
might have happened? It would have been at about 19.10.

Old November 1st 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 1, 5:56*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 04:01:34 -0700 (PDT), martin
wrote:
I was somewhat lost in a book, and not paying attention - but on the
way home from work on Saturday evening, on an eastbound Central Line
train at Chancery Lane, the driver took great pains to point out that
we would not be stopping at Bank.

And we didn't. The train slowed to the regulation 5mph, and trundled
through without stopping. Much to the confusion of people on the
train, and the couple of hundred people on the platform. I couldn't
hear any obvious alarm, or "Inspector Sands" PA from the platform, so
it didn't really look like the station was closed. Any ideas why this
might have happened? *It would have been at about 19.10.

Station congestion. *Probably the result of people swamping the Central
Line because the Jubilee Line was not working across the centre and the
District Line was also off east of Embankment. * Diamond Geezer made a
remark on his blog that the Central Line was rather jammed at some point
over the weekend.

Vic line seemed pretty busy too - lots of pax rerouting their journeys
through central London.