Old November 9th 10, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Barriers gone - platforms 8-11 at Euston

The barriers have gone at platforms 8-11 at Euston. There are numerous
new oyster points.

Very pleasant surprise. First time that there hasn't been a queue to get
off the platform and at the time I'm arriving the barriers are always
open anyway (c07:25). Admittedly my train started at Watford Junction
this morning so there were a lot fewer people on the train than normal.

Are the barriers permanently gone or will they be coming back?

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/

Old November 9th 10, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 10:38*pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
The barriers have gone at platforms 8-11 at Euston. There are numerous
new oyster points.

Very pleasant surprise. First time that there hasn't been a queue to get
off the platform and at the time I'm arriving the barriers are always
open anyway (c07:25). Admittedly my train started at Watford Junction
this morning so there were a lot fewer people on the train than normal.

Are the barriers permanently gone or will they be coming back?

Tim.

and there was light.

*http://www.woodall.me.uk/

The corner office is being removed to apparently double the number of
gates. Not entirely sure how that adds up given the size of the office
is quite small, but that's the plan.
Old November 10th 10, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 11:29*pm, Jamie Thompson wrote:
The corner office is being removed to apparently double the number of
gates. Not entirely sure how that adds up given the size of the office
is quite small, but that's the plan.

I notice that the nearby W H Smiths is undergoing changes, and the
adjacent London Midland information kiosk has disappeared. Perhaps
London Midland will receive some space that was formerly W H Smiths?

Dominic
Old November 10th 10, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:29:19 -0800 (PST),
Jamie Thompson wrote:
On Nov 9, 10:38*pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
The barriers have gone at platforms 8-11 at Euston. There are numerous
new oyster points.

Very pleasant surprise. First time that there hasn't been a queue to get
off the platform and at the time I'm arriving the barriers are always
open anyway (c07:25). Admittedly my train started at Watford Junction
this morning so there were a lot fewer people on the train than normal.

Are the barriers permanently gone or will they be coming back?

Tim.

and there was light.

*http://www.woodall.me.uk/

The corner office is being removed to apparently double the number of
gates. Not entirely sure how that adds up given the size of the office
is quite small, but that's the plan.

Yes. Found that out this morning. Queues to get off the platform again
because of the limited space around the end of platforms 10.

I'm not sure how much more gates will help unless there is more room for
people to get to them all.

Although hopefully they'll put in one or two of those wide gates for
people with bikes/prams/large suitcases etc rather than the manual gate.

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/
Old November 11th 10, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jamie Thompson wrote:

[...]

Ever just been tempted to leave via the 'undercroft' service road?

Old November 11th 10, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 10, 1:35*pm, Dominic wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:29*pm, Jamie *Thompson wrote:

The corner office is being removed to apparently double the number of
gates. Not entirely sure how that adds up given the size of the office
is quite small, but that's the plan.

I notice that the nearby W H Smiths is undergoing changes, and the
adjacent London Midland information kiosk has disappeared. Perhaps
London Midland will receive some space that was formerly W H Smiths?

Dominic

Isn't the MarksnSpensive in the relevant space?
Old November 11th 10, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Jamie Thompson wrote:

[...]

I've been directed that way during one of the many disruptions (can't
remember which), but don't they usually keep the gates shut?
Old November 11th 10, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 11, 9:56 pm, MIG wrote:

On Nov 11, 9:37 pm, "Mizter T" wrote:
[Crowded Euston suburban platforms]
Ever just been tempted to leave via the 'undercroft' service road?

I've been directed that way during one of the many disruptions (can't
remember which), but don't they usually keep the gates shut?

Yes - I dare say that they might be a bit more careful in so doing these
days compared to times past, for boringly obvious reasons.

There must be some stairs up though - you could find yourself popping up on
the wrong side of the ticket window!

Perhaps I might try 'getting lost' down there if there's an opportune
moment. A late evening visit to the parcel deck a few years ago was quite
entertaining.