Old December 15th 03, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default GNER last night (sunday)

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
k...
Cross-posted to the appropriate newsgroup for comments (of which I'm
sure
there will be plenty!).

And there was me thinking a subject regarding a train into a mainline
central LONDON station. Involving travelling to LONDON. Involving a
train company that runs trains into LONDON would be approaite for a
London Transport newsgroup

From the charter of utl:
"This group is for the discussion of matters relating to any form of
transport, be it public or private, in the London area."

area*.
FU set.

--
Richard J.

Old December 15th 03, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North writes
And there was me thinking a subject regarding a train into a mainline
central LONDON station. Involving travelling to LONDON. Involving a
train company that runs trains into LONDON would be approaite for a
London Transport newsgroup

Well, as you said:

"And they stood all the way to London which took longer than 2
and half hours suppose to as we stopped at every station."

Then this is a record breaking piece of track bashing. About a dozen of
those stations (between, say, Hatfield and KX) can be regarded as "in
London".
Old December 15th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I hope the people standing get more than a poultry 25% refund for the
train being more than 50mins late.
Even though it takes longer Im trying for Midland Mainline next time.

You calling GNER a Turkey then?!
Old December 15th 03, 08:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

MichaelJP wrote:

snip

Perhaps someone in the know could answer this - given a blockage
between Doncaster and York why couldn't GNER simply route trains
around the problem by going Doncaster-Leeds-York and vice versa?

Most of GNER's trains are electric (IC225s and E*), with only a
handful of diseasels, which are needed to work the North of Scotland
services. There is no electrification between Leeds and York, other
than going via Doncaster - but that route was closed...

--
Stevie D
\\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the
Old December 15th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

What do you do if your car
breaks down, sell it instantly to the scrap merchants?

No, travel on another road silly

Old December 17th 03, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Joe" wrote in message ...
And there was me thinking a subject regarding a train into a mainline
central LONDON station. Involving travelling to LONDON. Involving a
train company that runs trains into LONDON would be approaite for a
London Transport newsgroup

Well as the incident didn't happen in London and most people with a better
railway knowledge of the area might just happen to be on uk.railway
You seem to have gotten much ruder since you moved up north

Its all that cow muck making me dirty.
Old December 17th 03, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
k...
Cross-posted to the appropriate newsgroup for comments (of which I'm
sure
there will be plenty!).

And there was me thinking a subject regarding a train into a mainline
central LONDON station. Involving travelling to LONDON. Involving a
train company that runs trains into LONDON would be approaite for a
London Transport newsgroup

From the charter of utl:
"This group is for the discussion of matters relating to any form of
transport, be it public or private, in the London area."

area*.

So what exactly are trains out of Kings Cross if they aren't transport
in the London area?
Old December 18th 03, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Dec 2003, CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
k...
Cross-posted to the appropriate newsgroup for comments (of which I'm
sure
there will be plenty!).

And there was me thinking a subject regarding a train into a mainline
central LONDON station. Involving travelling to LONDON. Involving a
train company that runs trains into LONDON would be approaite for a
London Transport newsgroup

From the charter of utl:
"This group is for the discussion of matters relating to any form of
transport, be it public or private, in the London area."

area*.

So what exactly are trains out of Kings Cross if they aren't transport
in the London area?

Transport out of the London area.

THERE!

tom

--
Tomorrow has made a phone call to today.