Old June 14th 14, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday night from Heathrow

I have a colleague on a delayed flight who looks as if they'll be
landing Heathrow at 10.45pm Sunday night, and probably looking for ways
to get to West London at about midnight.

I think the chances of getting the 11.48pm last HEx are slim to none;
they aren't an EU citizen, will have hold baggage, and it's an A380. The
last tube is at 11.28pm

What does the team think?

(My initial thought is bonding with a few fellow-countryman delayed pax
en-route and sharing a cab for three.)

Old June 14th 14, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/06/2014 12:35, Roland Perry wrote:
I have a colleague on a delayed flight who looks as if they'll be
landing Heathrow at 10.45pm Sunday night, and probably looking for ways
to get to West London at about midnight.

I think the chances of getting the 11.48pm last HEx are slim to none;
they aren't an EU citizen, will have hold baggage, and it's an A380. The
last tube is at 11.28pm

What does the team think?

(My initial thought is bonding with a few fellow-countryman delayed pax
en-route and sharing a cab for three.)

N9 bus - timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N009.htm#Su_T

Minicab sourced from their destination locale.

If they're landing tomorrow (Sun) night, curious how you know the flight
is already delayed? (Outbound flight was late?)

(An aside - the N9 bus could be particularly troublesome for visitors
when buses go cashless next month - the least that's needed is a 24/7
Oyster vending arrangement at Heathrow's T5 and central bus station.)
Old June 14th 14, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:35:06 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

I have a colleague on a delayed flight who looks as if they'll be
landing Heathrow at 10.45pm Sunday night, and probably looking for ways
to get to West London at about midnight.

I think the chances of getting the 11.48pm last HEx are slim to none;
they aren't an EU citizen, will have hold baggage, and it's an A380. The
last tube is at 11.28pm

What does the team think?

(My initial thought is bonding with a few fellow-countryman delayed pax
en-route and sharing a cab for three.)

Yes, that sounds best, unless they feel up to catching a night bus.
However, I do see a last tube departure at 23:55, and Heathrow Connect
at 00:07, and maybe there's a small chance of catching one of those.
Old June 14th 14, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:06:00 on Sat, 14 Jun
2014, Mizter T remarked:

Minicab sourced from their destination locale.

If they need to do that before they take off it could be a challenge.

If they're landing tomorrow (Sun) night, curious how you know the
flight is already delayed? (Outbound flight was late?)

The plane went tech before it was supposed to take off at 5pm their time
today (Saturday), from Australia. It's already 10pm there now.

Rescheduled for 8am Sunday takeoff (that's 11pm Saturday BST). Yes, it's
a 24hr flight!
Old June 14th 14, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:07:29 on
Sat, 14 Jun 2014, Recliner remarked:

However, I do see a last tube departure at 23:55, and Heathrow Connect
at 00:07, and maybe there's a small chance of catching one of those.

On a Sunday??

Old June 14th 14, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:06:00 on Sat, 14 Jun
2014, Mizter T remarked:
N9 bus - timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N009.htm#Su_T

Every 20min, that's not a bad service. I'll know more when I have the
exact destination required.

(An aside - the N9 bus could be particularly troublesome for visitors
when buses go cashless next month - the least that's needed is a 24/7
Oyster vending arrangement at Heathrow's T5 and central bus station.)

Which they could sort-of do by having at least one of the tube ticket
machines accessible in a foyer of the station 24x7.
Old June 14th 14, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'd think much depends on your getting the more precise destination.
"West London" covers a big area. Even if it's just "the West End"
there's a significant difference between, say, Pimlico and Paddington
when it comes to late night pubic transport. Perhaps a toss-up between
(a) hoping for tube + cab or HEX plus cab, with the risk of having to
take a cab from Heathrow or (b) a pre-booked car which should be cheaper
than a cab all the way but more expensive than tube/HEX+cab. All to be
weighted by traveller's fitness, willingness to walk the streets of
Londonat 01:00, ability to fight off marauding gangs, .........
insufficient data, rebooting
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old June 14th 14, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 13:06:00 on Sat, 14 Jun 2014,
Mizter T remarked:
N9 bus - timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N009.htm#Su_T

Every 20min, that's not a bad service. I'll know more when I have the
exact destination required.

(An aside - the N9 bus could be particularly troublesome for visitors
when buses go cashless next month - the least that's needed is a 24/7
Oyster vending arrangement at Heathrow's T5 and central bus station.)

Which they could sort-of do by having at least one of the tube ticket
machines accessible in a foyer of the station 24x7.

Is it not already?

I haven't really noticed if there is a gate that could be closed between the
TO and the subway that runs from the terminals to the bus station.