Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4th 04, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message
In article , G Crozier
writes
and you do NOT have
to go to HRW by car now do you .

OK, let's see what possible route I have by public transport.

1. Bus into the centre of High Wycombe (every 30 mins at peak periods,
one an hour after 7pm, none after 10pm.

2. Walk from bus station to train station carrying luggage.

3. Train into London.

4. Tube or taxi from Marylebone across London to Paddington for the Hex
or a suitable tube station for the Picc.

Alternative 1.

Bus and walk as before.

3. Train to South Ruislip (or similar) then bus to Hayes then another
bus to the airport.

Alternative 2.

Bus from bus station in Wycombe to Bourne End, Bus from Bourne End to
Slough, then bus to the airport.

Alternative 3 (if it still runs).

Bus from Wycombe bus station to Slough, then bus to the airport.

Other combinations of bus/train available.

What we need is for Heathrow to be connected to the Reading and Waterloo
train lines. Then a number of huge, security patrolled park and rides at
dedicated train stations with fast journeys into the airport running
every 15 mins during the day and every 25 mins at night.

I would use it every time.

Is it going to happen? Unfortunately not.

I wish it would.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of

this
communication can not be guaranteed.
Views expressed in this communication are those of the author and not
associations or companies I am involved with.

Yes it is, Hayes will be the interchange from the West. Heathrow train from
there from December 2004. In addition coaches already run from Reading every
15 mins or so. If cost is important (which to me it is) I would never park
at Heathrow, even the off airport parking is undercut by the public
transport costs.