Old July 27th 16, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default City Airport expansion gets go-ahead - incl. new DLR rolling stock

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/3...-by-chancellor

Old July 27th 16, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Someone Somewhere wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/3...-by-chancellor

This shows the expanded footprint of the airport: larger terminal, much
more parking space for larger aircraft, and a full length taxiway:

http://www.londoncityairport.com/content/cadp/CADP%201%20Submitted%20Material/CADP%20Consolidated%20Application%20Plans/4.0%20Illustrative%20Site%20Plan.pdf

Incidentally, this marks the reversal of yet another Boris policy:
From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-10137328.html

Toe
http://www.airpor****ch.org.uk/2016/...ort-expansion/

So the government (which includes Boris) has sided with Sadiq over LCY. And
as Boris is a cabinet member, he can't complain publicly. This suggests a
third Heathrow runway is on the final approach...

Old July 28th 16, 10:17 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recliner[_3_] View Post

http://www.londoncityairport.com/con...ite%20Plan.pdf

Incidentally, this marks the reversal of yet another Boris policy:
From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-10137328.html

Toe
http://www.airpor****ch.org.uk/2016/...ort-expansion/

So the government (which includes Boris) has sided with Sadiq over LCY. And
as Boris is a cabinet member, he can't complain publicly. This suggests a
third Heathrow runway is on the final approach...
He'll get Zak Goldsmith to do his grumbling for him!
Old July 28th 16, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:

'Recliner[_3_ Wrote:
;157264']Someone Somewhere wrote:-
http://tinyurl.com/h6q4jsf
-

http://tinyurl.com/jm2ajet

Incidentally, this marks the reversal of yet another Boris policy:
From
http://tinyurl.com/hjylkar

Toe
http://tinyurl.com/hafnjr4

So the government (which includes Boris) has sided with Sadiq over LCY.
And
as Boris is a cabinet member, he can't complain publicly. This suggests
third Heathrow runway is on the final approach...

He'll get Zak Goldsmith to do his grumbling for him!

Yeah, the chap who ran the failed and discredited mayoral campaign. I don't
think he has much influence now.

Old July 28th 16, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-27 10:08:15 +0000, Someone Somewhere said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/3...-by-chancellor

It's too busy as it is. These days it has the feel of a nasty,
overcrowded budget airport, not the exclusive private-jet feel it used
to have.

These days I'd use LHR instead, with the excellent new terminals.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old July 29th 16, 03:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-27 10:08:15 +0000, Someone Somewhere said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/3...-by-chancellor

It's too busy as it is. These days it has the feel of a nasty,
overcrowded budget airport, not the exclusive private-jet feel it used
to have.

These days I'd use LHR instead, with the excellent new terminals.

Won't the larger terminal deal with the overcrowding?

Old July 29th 16, 03:34 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recliner[_3_] View Post
Robin9 wrote:

'Recliner[_3_ Wrote:
;157264']Someone Somewhere
wrote:-
http://tinyurl.com/h6q4jsf
-

This shows the expanded footprint of the airport: larger terminal, much
more parking space for larger aircraft, and a full length taxiway:

http://tinyurl.com/jm2ajet

Incidentally, this marks the reversal of yet another Boris policy:
From
http://tinyurl.com/hjylkar

Toe
http://tinyurl.com/hafnjr4

So the government (which includes Boris) has sided with Sadiq over LCY.
And
as Boris is a cabinet member, he can't complain publicly. This suggests
third Heathrow runway is on the final approach...

He'll get Zak Goldsmith to do his grumbling for him!

Yeah, the chap who ran the failed and discredited mayoral campaign. I don't
think he has much influence now.
I certainly hope not!
Old July 29th 16, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-29 03:12:06 +0000, Recliner said:

Won't the larger terminal deal with the overcrowding?

I'd imagine it will to some extent, but it still won't be what it was.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old July 29th 16, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-29 03:12:06 +0000, Recliner said:

Won't the larger terminal deal with the overcrowding?

I'd imagine it will to some extent, but it still won't be what it was.

No, I suppose not, but surely it will still be much more convenient than
the monster Heathrow terminals, with their long distances to some gates?

Old July 29th 16, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-29 20:16:51 +0000, Recliner said:

No, I suppose not, but surely it will still be much more convenient than
the monster Heathrow terminals, with their long distances to some gates?

Possibly so - will have to give it a try. I suppose it could end up
like a posh Luton, or something.

Neil
--
Neil Williams