Old January 10th 11, 11:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default King's Cross tonight

I arrived at the Cross 14:50 and was going to catch the 15:15. I was
sitting in the train that was due to form it but then they evacuated the
station.

No information on how long it would take to sort out so I cycled to
Liverpool St, only to find that the wires were down North of Broxbourne
with substitute buses so no way of getting home to Cambridge with my bike.

At that stage King's Cross appeared to be still closed (from NRE live
departures on my phone) and staff at Liverpool St told me that they had
been so advised in the last 5 minutes.

I decided I had no option but to cycle back to King's Cross anyway. It's a
long cycle climb to the Angel in either direction!

When I got to the Cross at 15:55 I found the station reopened and the
15:52 hadn't yet left. However I decided there was no chance of getting
from the York Way entrance to platform 11A in time and anyway I was able
to get on the 16:15. It left as I arrived at Platform 10/11.

No-one seemed to know what caused the security alert, even the gripper on
my train.

Anyone have any information?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old January 11th 11, 06:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
writes

No-one seemed to know what caused the security alert, even the gripper on
my train.

Anyone have any information?

Unattended luggage on platform 9

http://www.thecomet.net/news/securit...ravel_1_770587

--
Paul Terry
Old January 11th 11, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

In message ,
writes

No-one seemed to know what caused the security alert, even the gripper
on my train.

Anyone have any information?

Unattended luggage on platform 9

http://www.thecomet.net/news/securit...in_travel_1_77
0587

Thanks. Now why couldn't someone from the railway have told us that?

--
Colin Rosenstiel