Old January 19th 11, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Oyster question: top-up not in journey history

Anyone know if Oyster have stopped showing (some) top-ups in journey
history please?

I usually top up at a local shop. But the £5 I added a few days ago is
not shown. The balance is correct. But the entries jump from one
journey to the next. That is:

11/01/11 15:50 Bus 55 Entry - £1.30 £6.90
13:39 Bus 26 Entry £1.30 £8.20
04/01/11 15:11 Bus 425 Entry - £1.30 £4.50

On the basis of previous experience I'd expected a line in between 4 and
11 January

10/01/11 14:25 Bus
Top-up £5.00 £9.50
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Old January 19th 11, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 19, 4:17*pm, "Robin" wrote:
Anyone know if Oyster have stopped showing (some) top-ups in journey
history please?

I usually top up at a local shop. *But the £5 I added a few days ago is
not shown. *The balance is correct. But the entries jump from one
journey to the next. *That is:

* * * 11/01/11 15:50 Bus 55 *Entry - £1.30 *£6.90
* * *13:39 Bus 26 *Entry £1.30 *£8.20
* * * 04/01/11 15:11 Bus 425 *Entry - £1.30 *£4.50

On the basis of previous experience I'd expected a line in between 4 and
11 January

10/01/11 * * * * * * * * *14:25 * * * * * *Bus
Top-up * * * * * * * * * * * *£5.00 * * * * * * * £9.50

The online journey history can be rather slow to update, though the
balance it shows is always accurate (allowing for the 48 hour delay).
I dunno how often the kit at 'Oyster ticket stops' aka local shops
'phones home' and does a reconciliation - I thought it was more or
less every night, but perhaps it's a bit less often (e.g. every other
night), and it's always possible that there's some sort of problem
with the phone line that's preventing this reconciliation from
happening. But maybe the issue is at the central database end, and
details of top-up transactions are taking their time to reach the
relevant account entries. Or else the online journey history is just
being a bit rubbish in accessing the central database or something -
seems to happen a bit too often. Maybe it'll never appear...
Old January 19th 11, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:17:24 -0000,
Robin wrote:
Anyone know if Oyster have stopped showing (some) top-ups in journey
history please?

I usually top up at a local shop. But the £5 I added a few days ago is
not shown. The balance is correct. But the entries jump from one
journey to the next. That is:

11/01/11 15:50 Bus 55 Entry - £1.30 £6.90
13:39 Bus 26 Entry £1.30 £8.20
04/01/11 15:11 Bus 425 Entry - £1.30 £4.50

On the basis of previous experience I'd expected a line in between 4 and
11 January

10/01/11 14:25 Bus
Top-up £5.00 £9.50

The online journey history regularly lost lines when I was using oyster
daily. Mostly you can work out the missing lines as the total is always
correct.

I've read here that if you request a paper copy of your journey history
then it's always correct but I never tried that as I always managed
eventually to get my spread sheet to agree with the totals from the
online journey history.

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/
Old January 20th 11, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The online journey history regularly lost lines when I was using
oyster daily.

I'd never had it before. Now I know I am not alone I'll manually adjust
my spreadsheet - and no doubt find something else to worry about

Old January 21st 11, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 19, 7:44*pm, Tim Woodall wrote:

I've read here that if you request a paper copy of your journey history
then it's always correct but I never tried that as I always managed
eventually to get my spread sheet to agree with the totals from the
online journey history.

They can send your history as a PDF - and you can request it online,
too.
Hopefully, this link should take you directly to the form:
https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csi...ewTab=CA_13720
(if not, try the 'Help & Contact' link at the top of the TfL homepage,
then 'Make a Complaint' 'Oyster' 'Statements')

If, like me, you can never remember your security answer, you can just
log in to your Oyster account online and change it first.

The statement usually arrives by email within a 48 hours.