Old December 17th 03, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube advice for a transvestite please?

I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to go to the
Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington area and was
wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the club from there. I plan
on taking a taxi back to my hotel later but would like to save some money. I
will be "en femme" that night and will be traveling with a female companion.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Robyn
http://profiles.yahoo.com/bobbilee_trannie

Old December 17th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robyn Lee" wrote the following in:

I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to
go to the Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington
area and was wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the
club from there.

I should expect so, although I have no idea where the Way Out Club is.

I plan on taking a taxi back to my hotel later
but would like to save some money. I will be "en femme" that night
and will be traveling with a female companion. Thank you in
advance for your advice.

To be honest, I really don't think that would make any difference.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Robin May may be my name, but Robin is my first name.
Old December 17th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robyn Lee
writes
I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to go to the
Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington area and was
wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the club from there. I plan
on taking a taxi back to my hotel later but would like to save some money. I
will be "en femme" that night and will be traveling with a female companion.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Robyn, you'll have no problem. We see all sorts of passengers in all
states of dress/undress on the underground, trust me...
--
Kat Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.

Old December 18th 03, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robyn Lee" wrote in message
I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to go to

the
Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington area and was
wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the club from there. I

plan
on taking a taxi back to my hotel later but would like to save some money.

will be "en femme" that night and will be traveling with a female

companion.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Robyn
http://profiles.yahoo.com/bobbilee_trannie

I have a friend who goes out regularly "en femme" and has no trouble at all.
I hope you enjoy your visit

Daniel.

Old December 18th 03, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robyn Lee" wrote in message ...
I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to go to the
Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington area and was
wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the club from there. I plan
on taking a taxi back to my hotel later but would like to save some money. I
will be "en femme" that night and will be traveling with a female companion.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Robyn
http://profiles.yahoo.com/bobbilee_trannie

I don't think in London anyone would bat a eyelid if you had a full
beard and turned up at a club in a dress.
Now come up here, and your be paraded through the villiage before
being burnt as a witch.

Old December 18th 03, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robyn Lee wrote:
I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to go to the
Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington area and was
wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the club from there. I plan
on taking a taxi back to my hotel later but would like to save some money. I
will be "en femme" that night and will be traveling with a female companion.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Robyn
http://profiles.yahoo.com/bobbilee_trannie

Hello Robyn...

I think you'll find the British people one of the most tolerant,
hospitable and understanding in the world. Alas unfortunately we also
have our fair share of morons. Rules of general personal safety apply
here as anywhere else i.e. stay in well lit, busy areas, 'safety in
numbers', etc.

In our 'tube' system most people will be too busy 'trying' not to notice
you to be any bother.

Welcome and enjoy your stay...
Regards
ChipShop

Old December 18th 03, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:

"Robyn Lee" wrote the following in:

I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love to
go to the Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the Paddington
area and was wondering if I would be safe taking the tube to the
club from there.

I should expect so, although I have no idea where the Way Out Club is.

Neither did I, I don't think it's quite me somehow, but they do have a web
site, which gives the address as: 9 Crosswall (off Minories) London EC3.
This is very near to Fenchurch Street main line station, however, this is
now the only main line London Terminus which does not also have an
Underground station. Tower Hill Underground station is however only a
short distance away, a couple of hundred metres maybe, and can be reached
direct from Paddington by Circle line (the yellow line) on the map trains.
You could go either way around the Circle, but an Eastbound train (via
Kings Cross) is somewhat shorter than Westbound (via Victoria). Trains run
every few minutes, and the journey will take about 20-25 minutes.

I plan on taking a taxi back to my hotel later
but would like to save some money. I will be "en femme" that night
and will be traveling with a female companion. Thank you in
advance for your advice.

To be honest, I really don't think that would make any difference.

You are unlikely to have any problem at all, but problems are caused by
people, not underground trains and stations, and sadly, it's just possible
that you could meet some drunken yobo who wants to make your life a misery,
just as in any other city in the World.

Enjoy your stay in London Robyn.

Old December 18th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stephen Furley wrote the following in:

Robin May wrote:

"Robyn Lee" wrote the following in:

I am from the US and will be visiting London soon. I would love
to go to the Way Out Club on 3/1. I will be staying in the
Paddington area and was wondering if I would be safe taking the
tube to the club from there.

I should expect so, although I have no idea where the Way Out
Club is.

Neither did I, I don't think it's quite me somehow, but they do
have a web site, which gives the address as: 9 Crosswall (off
Minories) London EC3. This is very near to Fenchurch Street main
line station, however, this is now the only main line London
Terminus which does not also have an Underground station. Tower
Hill Underground station is however only a short distance away,

It is indeed, and it's an interchange I make most days in fact (West
Ham to Fenchurch Street, Tower Hill to Temple). It's quicker than some
interchanges within stations, e.g. Green Park Jubilee to Piccadilly or
practically any interchange at Bank/Monument.

Old December 19th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stephen Furley wrote:

Robin May wrote:

[...]

....although it would be quicker to take a Bakerloo to Embankment and
then change to the eastbound District/Circle. These are more frequent
trains too - the Circle on its own only runs every 7-9 minutes and is
quite unreliable.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 20th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thank all of you for your responses. I'm looking forward to my visit!