Old February 23rd 11, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pram Rage Incident

On Feb 23, 9:48*am, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:48:10 -0800 (PST)

Paul wrote:
This was in the Evening Standard last night

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-pram-rage-thu...
her-off-london-bus-by-her-hair.do

I think you just have to say that there is no excuse for this type of
behaviour, and I hope the couple responsible are caught and punished.
I would also be very sorry for the child of the couple responsible, it
is not a very good example to set. What must it be like to grow up
with such aggressive and rude parents.

That behaviour was beyond aggressive, it was psychotic. Even a "normal"
thug doesn't beat up a woman with a child on a bus in full view of dozens
of witnesses just for trying to manouver her pram. He's probably some ****ed
up cannabis or steroid abuser with some equally messed up loser girlfriend who
tags along with him.

B2003

If they are caught and brought before the courts, I would like to see
them punished by being banned from ever travelling on a bus again.
Presumably these days that would be against their "human rights". But
in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.
Old February 23rd 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:02:49 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
If they are caught and brought before the courts, I would like to see
them punished by being banned from ever travelling on a bus again.

A couple of years in prison first I would hope. Won't happen of course.

Presumably these days that would be against their "human rights". But

No doubt. Though hopefully as the baby boomer generation of idiots currently
sitting at the top of the legal profession slowly retire and die off one can
only hope sanity will return.

in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.

Sadly neither did anyone else in the bus while they just sat there and
did nothing.

B2003

Old February 24th 11, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nicola Redwood" wrote in message

I both have got and would get involved - it is indeed disappointing when
people choose to look away, and somewhat galling when you dive in yet no
assistance from those around you is forthcoming - that said I've also seen
(and been on the edge of) situations where bystanders have got involved,
where it was made clear to the ne'er do weller(s) that bad things would
happen upon them unless they desisted and made themselves scarce.

I was assaulted (not badly thankfully) outside Maze Hill station just over
a year ago by 2 teenage girls and am very grateful to the people who
intervened to help, especially the woman who got on the train with me and
encouraged me to report the incident to BTP. Upon watching the CCTV, they
agreed that it was a nasty incident - sadly no result!

I have also intervened in the past, although would be reluctant probably
these days with the threat of being stabbed more in the mind

I am glad you were assisted on this occasion but whilst it is easy to
condemn those who apparently sit idly by, it is a problem for the average
citizen whose life is not filled with hate and violence, as it appears a
small minority's is. When you see violence suddenly burst out in front of
you, unless you are trained by the Army or in martial arts, you (i.e. me)
will probably be struck dumb and immobile because the situation is so alien
and unnatural. Years of watching actors thump each other on TV is no
training for reacting EFFECTIVELY in such a situation.

I hope, in such a case, I would know immediately who was right/wrong and
that I could physically assist, but I am not sure that would be the case.
Working out afterwards what I should have done is, of course, much easier.

MaxB

Old February 24th 11, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:49:23 -0000
"MaxB" wrote:
small minority's is. When you see violence suddenly burst out in front of
you, unless you are trained by the Army or in martial arts, you (i.e. me)
will probably be struck dumb and immobile because the situation is so alien
and unnatural. Years of watching actors thump each other on TV is no
training for reacting EFFECTIVELY in such a situation.

If its a whole gang then theres not much anyone can do short of calling
the police. If you try anything you'll probably end up in hospital yourself.
But if its just one guy having a go at someone then if it looks like he's
unarmed then it shouldn't be too hard getting him in a neck lock if he's
distracted. And once in said lock its quite easy to control him. Avoid a fist
fight, even the worst fighter can get in a lucky punch and cost you a few
teeth.

B2003

Old February 24th 11, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul wrote:
If they are caught and brought before the courts, I would like to see
them punished by being banned from ever travelling on a bus again.

A couple of years in prison first I would hope. Won't happen of course.

Presumably these days that would be against their "human rights". *But

No doubt. Though hopefully as the baby boomer generation of idiots currently
sitting at the top of the legal profession slowly retire and die off one can
only hope sanity will return.

in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.

Sadly neither did anyone else in the bus while they just sat there and
did nothing.

B2003

You say that people sat there and did nothing but sometimes in that
situation it takes a few seconds for onlookers to realise what is
going on, there is a danger of somebody wading in and it turning out
to be just a bit of harmless fun.

Hopefully with the CCTV and possible witness accounts those
responsible will be bought to justice.