Old March 7th 11, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Carto Metro London Underground etc.Map

I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't know
what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

Roger

Old March 7th 11, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
wrote:
I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't know
what's been posted.

Welcome back, Roger !

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Old March 7th 11, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't
know what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

That is an outstanding map - though as a minor point of order, Shoreditch
station is listed as closing 22/12/2007 - I'm pretty sure it closed in
June/July 2006, while the rest of the ELL closed on the date you've
suggested? (anyone confirm?)
Old March 7th 11, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 7, 10:11*pm, Martin Petrov
wrote:

I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't
know what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

That is an outstanding map - though as a minor point of order, Shoreditch
station is listed as closing 22/12/2007 - I'm pretty sure it closed in
June/July 2006, while the rest of the ELL closed on the date you've
suggested? (anyone confirm?)

Indeed, it closed summer '06 - 9th June 2006 to be precise:
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s...el/index.shtml
Old March 7th 11, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,

*From:* Martin Petrov
*Date:* Mon, 7 Mar 2011 22:11:00 +0000 (UTC)

I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I
don't
know what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some
minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

That is an outstanding map - though as a minor point of order,
Shoreditch station is listed as closing 22/12/2007 - I'm pretty
sure it closed in June/July 2006, while the rest of the ELL closed
on the date you've suggested? (anyone confirm?)

Thanks for that, Wiki has the same date - I'll let Franklin know.

Roger

Old March 7th 11, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Martin Petrov) wrote:

I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't
know what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

That is an outstanding map - though as a minor point of order,
Shoreditch station is listed as closing 22/12/2007 - I'm pretty
sure it closed in June/July 2006, while the rest of the ELL
closed on the date you've suggested? (anyone confirm?)

Thanks for that, Wiki has the same date - I'll let Franklin know.

Have you told him of the two points I raised elsewhere - The Canonbury
curve and missing W&C abandoned siding at Waterloo?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 7th 11, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Canonbury's now sorted, W&C to do - see my post on CIX (only just done as
I had a few problems posting to the topic - now sorted).

Roger

Old March 7th 11, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

test

Old March 8th 11, 12:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,

*From:*

*Date:* Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:54:22 -0600

*From:*

*Date:* Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:05:44 -0600

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Martin Petrov) wrote:

[...]

I've checked W&C and the lift siding still appears to be there (probably
as an engineers siding) - it's shown as no.8 siding on the map. Do you
know if the siding was actually removed when the lift was taken out of
use? I suspect that the siding (being below ground) was just converted
into a normal siding after the removal of the lift, even though the
Eurostar work changed the top level layout.

Roger
Old March 8th 11, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 7, 7:07*pm, wrote:
I've only just joined the newsgroup after a long absence, so I don't know
what's been posted.

Franklin Jarrier has recently updated the London map with some minor
changes and additions - now v1.1

http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-london/

Superb piece of art! Thank you very much!