Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 13th 11, 02:55 PM
Junior Member

Smile Article on National Railcard and Oyster link for travel discount- THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

Dear all,

My name is Hayley and I am researching for a programme for Radio 4- You and Yours- about the availability from January 2011 of being able to register your National Railcard on your Oyster card to get a reduced rate for your single off-peak travel no matter how you travel (National Rail, Underground, DLR etc).

I am looking to get a few comments from anyone who has used this new National Rail scheme? Anyone who wants to share their good or bad experiences using this new scheme would be very much appreciated.

Also, what are your thoughts on the way this new scheme was publicised? Do you think it was publicised enough? Do people know enough about it? Some people I have spoken to did not realise at first that they had to carry their railcard around with them once they had it linked to the oyster? Has this happened to you? Has putting both National Rail cards and Oysters together made travelling too complicated? Maybe national rail should offer one card once you have linked your railcard to your oyster?

Have any of you had trouble actually getting your railcard linked to your oyster? Maybe you live very far away from your station? Or your station does not offer that service? Or the staff at your station do not know about the scheme?

Any thoughts on any of these questions would be great!

If you would like to reply you could also email me at: .

Thanks for your help.

Hayley Moorey