Old August 26th 11, 01:44 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default A less pleasant aspect of 'railway photography'?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:28:13 +0100
MB wrote:
So instead of trying and imprisoning IRA terrorists we should have
bombed Dublin and Boston?

As a slight aside, isn't it strange how since 9/11 the de facto "irish" (most
of them probably couldn't find Belfast on a map if it was lit up with flashing
neon lights) americans support for the IRA rather dwindled.

Funny how a dose of the reality of terrorism suddenly stops it being a trendy
cause to support. You could argue that if 9/11 had happened a couple of decades
ago a lot of yank funded deaths in northern ireland could have been prevented.

B2003

Old August 26th 11, 01:48 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 06:38:28 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
On Aug 26, 1:55=A0pm, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. =A0They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

I can only assume that that's a subject that you've been itching to
rant about. I'm not interested.

Still waiting for the police to come knocking?

B2003

Old August 26th 11, 02:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. =A0They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

I can only assume that that's a subject that you've been itching to
rant about. *I'm not interested.

Still waiting for the police to come knocking?

If I were you I'd worry more about the men in white coats.
Old August 26th 11, 02:15 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 15:13, MIG wrote:
On Aug 26, 2:48 pm, wrote:

Still waiting for the police to come knocking?

If I were you I'd worry more about the men in white coats.

Looks like a case of debating techniques as well as prejudices acquired
before the age of eighteen. Well before the age of eighteen.

Ian
Old August 26th 11, 02:19 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Aug 26, 2:43*pm, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 26, 6:38*am, MIG wrote:

On Aug 26, 1:55*pm, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. *They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

I can only assume that that's a subject that you've been itching to
rant about. *I'm not interested.

We just know how much fun you had during the last round.

It took me a while to work out your disordered thoughts.

I realise that you think that standing peacefully in Parliament Square
with a placard is the same type of thing as looting and arson in the
suburbs*. From your planet, I guess the whole of life on Earth is
kind of distant and looks pretty much the same to you.

*The police can tell the difference though. They brutally attack
people for doing the former, and stand back doing nothing about the
latter.

Old August 26th 11, 02:50 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:43:50 -0700 (PDT), 1506 wrote
in misc.transport.urban-transit:

On Aug 26, 5:26*am, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 26/08/11 13:15, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 26, 5:03 am, The Real *wrote:
On 26/08/11 12:44, 1506 wrote:

Before I do killfile you, Are you, or have you ever been a homosexual?

Why would that matter?

It would go some way to explaining the axe you are grinding.

Ah, you think that only gay people would care about gay people being
tortured to death. Well, that certainly fits with the rest of your
contributions to this thread.

Who is torturing bright and cheerful people to death?

Europop singers?
Old August 26th 11, 05:07 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 15:51, Graeme Wall wrote:

Is that a deity joke?

Allah be here all week, folks.

Ian

Old August 26th 11, 05:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Is that a deity joke?

Allah be here all week, folks.

God forbid!

--
Cheers
Roger Traviss

Photos of the late GER: -
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...Great_Eastern/

Old August 26th 11, 05:27 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 25/08/2011 21:29, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In message
,
1506 wrote:
If I am mugged it is a crime. If a homosexual is mugged it is a
hate crime.

False.

If a homosexual is mugged *because* she is homosexual, it is a hate
crime. If she is mugged because some low-life wants cash for his drug
habit, it is not a hate crime, just a crime.

What happens if she believes it was because she is homosexual, but the
mugger disagrees? What standard of proof is needed?

IANAL, but I'm slightly uncomfortable with some classes of victims being
told their incident is "just" a crime. But I am somewhat biased as a
result of having been a young white male English-speaking locally-born
atheist heterosexual victim of an assault that I was quite lucky to survive.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old August 26th 11, 05:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 18:13, Roger Traviss wrote:
Is that a deity joke?

Allah be here all week, folks.

God forbid!