London Banter

-   -   1506 and Boltar (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12221-1506-boltar.html)

Nick[_4_] August 30th 11 07:51 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 30, 11:37*am, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 29, 8:22*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:

On Aug 29, 8:09*pm, wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

Tom wrote:
limits. *There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

The countryside: That would be farms. *Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table. *They are common sense people.
They vote Conservative because they have worked very hard for what
they have. *Do you have a problem with that?

The Conservatives are currently putting hard-working people out of
work just so that their friends don't have to pay more taxes. I
certainly have a problem with that. If people want to support the
Conservatives low-tax, low-spending attitudes, fine, but don't expect
any sympathy from the state if they fall on hard times. And I'm afraid
that I find Conservative attitudes completely incompatible with my
understanding of Christianity.

Nick

Arthur Figgis August 30th 11 08:38 PM

1506 and Boltar

On 30/08/2011 20:51, Nick wrote:

The Conservatives are currently putting hard-working people out of
work just so that their friends don't have to pay more taxes.

Which could mean they are tackling persistent cable thieves so that
their constituents don't have to pay for the damage they cause....

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Charles Ellson August 30th 11 11:23 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:16:15 +0100, The Real Doctor
wrote:

On 30/08/11 09:51, d wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:44:16 +0100
Charles wrote:

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

Possibly more than you seem to be practising your English.

Fine. Point out the grammatical error then.

That should have been "Point out the grammatical error, then" - you
missed a comma. In your previous post it should have been "practising",
not "practicing".

He seems to have missed that he cocked up the usage of the English
language while alleging another's inability to understand it.

Charles Ellson August 30th 11 11:33 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:51:06 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:43:09 +0100
Charles Ellson wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. Of course with the system we have

somewhere
like London with its over representation of constituencies can nicely bias
the vote due to the high proportion of left voting ethnics.

"Ethnics" ? You are at least a thousand years too late to complain
about bloody foreigners[TM] coming into the country and taking away
all the jobs that you probably don't want to do yourself anyway.
snip

Ah , the old anglo-saxon/norman/hugenot/jewish came before bogus argument.

Since man didn't evolve on the british isles we're all ultimately immigrants
so how far back to you want to take that rather silly rationale?

What happened 1000 years or even 50 years ago is irrelevant, I'm concerned
about what's happening now.

How far back does your "now" go ? Do you see Big Mistakes MkI and MkII
as "irrelevant" ?

[email protected] August 31st 11 08:53 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:52:03 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
Eastern europe barely produces enough for itself these days and if the whole

of
the EU suddenly sourced ALL its food from abroad , even assuming there was
enough spare, what do you think that would do to global prices? Suddenly that
lamb from argentina won't be available cheaper than local produce.

Nobody mentioned the EU, just Tescos.

I used Tescos as an example supermarket you numptie. I thought that was
pretty obvious.

B2003

[email protected] August 31st 11 08:55 AM

1506 and Boltar

Charles wrote:

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

Possibly more than you seem to be practising your English.

Fine. Point out the grammatical error then.

That should have been "Point out the grammatical error, then" - you
missed a comma. In your previous post it should have been "practising",
not "practicing".

He seems to have missed that he cocked up the usage of the English
language while alleging another's inability to understand it.

Its only people desperate to score a point no matter what who resort
to commenting on typos. If there isn't some usenet law about that then
there should be. It doesn't make you look clever - just rather petty and
sad.

B2003

[email protected] August 31st 11 08:56 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:33:31 +0100
Charles Ellson wrote:
What happened 1000 years or even 50 years ago is irrelevant, I'm concerned
about what's happening now.

How far back does your "now" go ? Do you see Big Mistakes MkI and MkII
as "irrelevant" ?

Shall we start with 1997 when the worse thing to happen to this country
in a generation got elected into power?

B2003

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 09:05 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 30, 2:49*pm, "Tim Fenton" wrote:
"1506" wrote in message

[drivel snipped]

Adrian, I know you're reading this, despite claiming to have killfiled me..

Now, there's a good troll, listen up.

Apart from confirming Olbermann's dictum ("the right exists in a perpetual
state of victimhood"), your rambling, delusional and paranoid rants are
useless. They serve only to show that you are not all there, that you have
difficulty getting a handle on reality, and that you should seek medical
assistance at the earliest opportunity.

Ultra right-wing, fundamentalist zealots like Mr "Auer"-Hudson are a
dwindling minority, at least in this country. And I think they know
it. That's why they are soooo ANGRY all the time. They hate the fact
that they can no longer impose their bigoted views on the rest of us.

The same applies to Bottlar, but he, like you, has difficulty taking this on
board. Whatever.

Whereas Mr "Auer"-Hudson is an intelligent loon, Bloatar is just a
retard. One ought to feel sorry for him, really.

Graeme Wall August 31st 11 09:09 AM

1506 and Boltar

Graeme wrote:
Eastern europe barely produces enough for itself these days and if the whole

of
the EU suddenly sourced ALL its food from abroad , even assuming there was
enough spare, what do you think that would do to global prices? Suddenly that
lamb from argentina won't be available cheaper than local produce.

Nobody mentioned the EU, just Tescos.

I used Tescos as an example supermarket you numptie. I thought that was
pretty obvious.

I used Tescos as an example of a _British_ supermarket you numptie, I

Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail

Graeme Wall August 31st 11 09:09 AM

1506 and Boltar

Charles wrote:
What happened 1000 years or even 50 years ago is irrelevant, I'm concerned
about what's happening now.

How far back does your "now" go ? Do you see Big Mistakes MkI and MkII
as "irrelevant" ?

Shall we start with 1997 when the worse thing to happen to this country
in a generation got elected into power?

I thought Major lost that election?

[email protected] August 31st 11 09:13 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 02:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
BrianW wrote:
Whereas Mr "Auer"-Hudson is an intelligent loon, Bloatar is just a
retard. One ought to feel sorry for him, really.

When you look this gormless in a photo pal its best not to cast aspersions:

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/node/54249

Or was that your best Frank Spencer face?

B2003

[email protected] August 31st 11 09:17 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:09:09 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
I used Tescos as an example of a _British_ supermarket you numptie, I
thought that was pretty obvious.

No, you didn't. Apparently your memory is failing as you get older so let
me help:

----------------
From: d
Because supermarkets won't pay them the real value of what they produce.
The farmers should call their bluff - then watch Tesco et al panic as they
try and source basic commodities for the entire country from abroad.
----------------

Also which bit of "et al" are you having trouble with?

You can take your foot out of your mouth now to answer.

B2003

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 10:07 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
Whereas Mr "Auer"-Hudson is an intelligent loon, Bloatar is just a
retard. *One ought to feel sorry for him, really.

When you look this gormless in a photo pal its best not to cast aspersions:

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/node/54249

Or was that your best Frank Spencer face?

Touche!

In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

Anyway, I may *look* gormless - your postings continually establish
that you *are* entirely without gorm.

1506[_2_] August 31st 11 10:08 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
Whereas Mr "Auer"-Hudson is an intelligent loon, Bloatar is just a
retard. *One ought to feel sorry for him, really.

When you look this gormless in a photo pal its best not to cast aspersions:

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/node/54249

Or was that your best Frank Spencer face?

Thank you Boltar. I had not seen that. He sort of reminds me of Mr.
Bean, as does Ed Milliband.

:-)

[email protected] August 31st 11 10:12 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 03:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
BrianW wrote:
In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

And there's us being told how healthy cycling is.

B2003

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 10:14 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 31, 11:08*am, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 31, 2:13*am, wrote: On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 02:05:39 -0700 (PDT)

sobs into a hankie at the two nasty men taking the ****

Graeme Wall August 31st 11 10:15 AM

1506 and Boltar

From:

Because supermarkets won't pay them the real value of what they produce.
The farmers should call their bluff - then watch Tesco et al panic as they
try and source basic commodities for the entire country from abroad.
----------------

Also which bit of "et al" are you having trouble with?

Nothing at all, you were using Tesco as a generic British supermarket,
so was I. If that is a difficult concept for you that is not my problem.

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 10:16 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

And there's us being told how healthy cycling is.

Not by me! I still do it, but given that it nearly killed me, I
wouldn't exactly say it has been beneficial for my health.

[email protected] August 31st 11 10:28 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:15:39 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
Also which bit of "et al" are you having trouble with?

Nothing at all, you were using Tesco as a generic British supermarket,
so was I. If that is a difficult concept for you that is not my problem.

I was talking about all of them as was quite bloody clear in my initial
post which I just cut and pasted for you and it was this initial comment
that I continued to refer to. So I suggest you put back those goalposts you
moved to save face before you look a complete ****. Actually , it might be
too late on that score.

B2003

1506[_2_] August 31st 11 10:31 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 30, 9:56*am, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
On Aug 30, 11:37*am, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 29, 8:22*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

The countryside: That would be farms. *Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table. *They are common sense people.
They vote Conservative because they have worked very hard for what
they have.

Are you saying that the Labour Party's core voters - the working class
- don't work hard? There's a clue in the name.

My family have always been working class. We have always worked
hard. My paternal Grandfather was a tin worker in South Wales. Few
worked so hard for so little.

OTOH had the workers of the UK all been doing their jobs to the best
of their reasonable ability, for the past 60 years, the UK would still
have a World Class Aircract Industry, a succesful Auto Industry, not
to mention Steel, etc. etc.

As to what causes people to vote Conservative, mainly it's the
combination of being both well-off and selfish: "I'm all right, Jack".
Then there are the xenophobes and bigots, if they haven't switched to
voting UKIP or BNP. And some people are just plain clueless or too
young to remember the Thatcher years.

Some of us choose to vote Conservative, no one causes us to do so. We
believe in personal responsibility, moral values, reward for hard
work, stabiliy, individual rights & responsibilities, law & order, a
strong country, etc., etc., etc. We are not all wealthy, nor think
"I'm alright Jack".

The Reagan, Thatcher, Mulroney, years are fondly remembered by many.

Do you have a problem with that?

Nowhere in the post you replied to did I even suggest I had a problem
with anything.

You found country dwellers guilty of being wealthy, and voting Tory.
As a teenager, I helped out on a farm in the County of Buckingham. I
can asure you that the workers, and the farm manager, were far from
wealthy.

Nock the countryside if you wish. *You are biting the hand that feeds you.

You are reading words that I did not write. I would never "nock" the
countryside and neither would I knock it. I was brought up in the
countryside, for flip sake.

Thank you for the correction. See above for comments about "rural
guilt".

[email protected] August 31st 11 10:32 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 03:16:58 -0700 (PDT)
BrianW wrote:
Not by me! I still do it, but given that it nearly killed me, I
wouldn't exactly say it has been beneficial for my health.

I'm sure someone in your line of work can afford a car to commute in.
There's no way in hell I'd cycle along my route to work. I'd be dead in a
week if I tried it on the north circular. I've never even seen the lycra
condom squad trying their luck on that road.

B2003

1506[_2_] August 31st 11 10:34 AM

1506 and Boltar

Tom wrote:
[...]

No poor man ever gave me a job. Taxing the job creators will not help
turn the western economies around.

Perhaps you could explain your understanding of Christianity, and how
the UK Labour party have promulgated its values and enabled its
progress.

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 10:35 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
Not by me! *I still do it, but given that it nearly killed me, I
wouldn't exactly say it has been beneficial for my health.

I'm sure someone in your line of work can afford a car to commute in.
There's no way in hell I'd cycle along my route to work. I'd be dead in a
week if I tried it on the north circular. I've never even seen the lycra
condom squad trying their luck on that road.

I don't use it as a form of transport, only as a hobby. Most roads
leading into major cities are far too dangerous for the former, as you
say.

[email protected] August 31st 11 10:43 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 03:35:00 -0700 (PDT)
BrianW wrote:
I don't use it as a form of transport, only as a hobby. Most roads

The only time I've broken some bones was when I was launched over the
handlebars of a bike when on holiday. I think a gym is a lot healthier.

B2003

1506[_2_] August 31st 11 10:45 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

And there's us being told how healthy cycling is.

No one would wish that sort of accident on anyone. Had I known I
would have shown some restraint.

That said: Adversity has the effect of enlarging one's true
character. After trauma folks tend to be more mellow, or angry,
depending on their pre-existing disposition. Sadly W. has emerged as
an angry man.

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 10:52 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 31, 11:45*am, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 31, 3:12*am, wrote: On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 03:07:28 -0700 (PDT)

BrianW wrote:
In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

And there's us being told how healthy cycling is.

No one would wish that sort of accident on anyone. *Had I known I
would have shown some restraint.

Thanks. No offence taken. I'm pretty thick skinned.

That said: Adversity has the effect of enlarging one's true
character. *After trauma folks tend to be more mellow, or angry,
depending on their pre-existing disposition. *Sadly W. has emerged as
an angry man.

Nah, I was much worse *before* the accident. It has actually mellowed
me, believe it or not.

Graeme Wall August 31st 11 10:54 AM

1506 and Boltar

Graeme wrote:
Also which bit of "et al" are you having trouble with?

Nothing at all, you were using Tesco as a generic British supermarket,
so was I. If that is a difficult concept for you that is not my problem.

I was talking about all of them as was quite bloody clear in my initial
post which I just cut and pasted for you and it was this initial comment
that I continued to refer to.

I was also talking about all of them, hence the word 'generic'. I will
explain it in simple terms:

You were claiming that British farmers could set up a cartel and cause
the supermarkets, such as Tesco, to panic about their suppies. I merely
pointed out that given the world wide supply chains that supermarkets,
such as Tesco, have already set up, then said supermarkets, such as
Tesco, were unlikely to be that worried.

You then introduced the standard right-wing bogie man of the EU which
has nothing to do with the issue.

As for your obsession with mung beans, do British farmers actually
produce such things on any great scale?

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 11:07 AM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
I don't use it as a form of transport, only as a hobby. *Most roads

The only time I've broken some bones was when I was launched over the
handlebars of a bike when on holiday. I think a gym is a lot healthier.

Gyms are certainly safer, and I do a great deal of my training in the
gym. However, training in the gym is pretty dull, and getting out
onto the open road is a lot more interesting. I'd struggle to
motivate myself if I did all my training in the gym.

[email protected] August 31st 11 11:33 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:54:31 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
You were claiming that British farmers could set up a cartel and cause
the supermarkets, such as Tesco, to panic about their suppies. I merely
pointed out that given the world wide supply chains that supermarkets,
such as Tesco, have already set up, then said supermarkets, such as
Tesco, were unlikely to be that worried.

On the contrary , I think they'd be very worried. As I said , if they started
sourcing ALL their goods from abroad the price would go up steeply.

You then introduced the standard right-wing bogie man of the EU which
has nothing to do with the issue.

Umm hello? Farming subsidies?

As for your obsession with mung beans, do British farmers actually
produce such things on any great scale?

You're the one who keeps mentioning them, not me. I've never eaten them,
know nothing about them and nor do I care to.

B2003

BrianW[_2_] August 31st 11 12:01 PM

1506 and Boltar

1506 wrote:
In fact, that's my only face - following a cycling accident, the lower
part of my face is paralysed, hence the rather unsuccessful attempt at
a smile in that (and all other) pics.

And there's us being told how healthy cycling is.

No one would wish that sort of accident on anyone. *Had I known I

True.

No problem. No offence taken. Hell, I dole it out often enough, so
it's only fair I receive some flack from time to time.

Graeme Wall August 31st 11 12:49 PM

1506 and Boltar

Graeme wrote:
You were claiming that British farmers could set up a cartel and cause
the supermarkets, such as Tesco, to panic about their suppies. I merely
pointed out that given the world wide supply chains that supermarkets,
such as Tesco, have already set up, then said supermarkets, such as
Tesco, were unlikely to be that worried.

On the contrary , I think they'd be very worried. As I said , if they started
sourcing ALL their goods from abroad the price would go up steeply.

They source much of their produce from abroad already. If British
farmers put their prices up above what they can buy and transport from
abroad then the supermarkets (Tesco et al if you wish) will easily
change. After all they regularly change suppliers as prices change with
the seasons.

You then introduced the standard right-wing bogie man of the EU which
has nothing to do with the issue.

Umm hello? Farming subsidies?

That wasn't the context in which you introduced the bogie man and
British farmers get them as well so that playing field is fairly flat.

As for your obsession with mung beans, do British farmers actually
produce such things on any great scale?

You're the one who keeps mentioning them, not me. I've never eaten them,
know nothing about them and nor do I care to.

You are the one that brought them up, to coin a phrase. apparently they
are another right-wing bogie, er, veg...

[email protected] August 31st 11 01:29 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:49:08 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
You're the one who keeps mentioning them, not me. I've never eaten them,
know nothing about them and nor do I care to.

You are the one that brought them up, to coin a phrase. apparently they
are another right-wing bogie, er, veg...

Oh FFS, it was tongue in cheek.

B2003

Sam Wilson August 31st 11 02:21 PM

1506 and Boltar

Charles wrote:
What happened 1000 years or even 50 years ago is irrelevant, I'm concerned
about what's happening now.

How far back does your "now" go ? Do you see Big Mistakes MkI and MkII
as "irrelevant" ?

Shall we start with 1997 when the worse thing to happen to this country
in a generation got elected into power?

I thought Major lost that election?

I think he transposed the 9 and the 7.

Sam

[email protected] August 31st 11 03:14 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:21:14 +0100
Sam Wilson wrote:
I thought Major lost that election?

I think he transposed the 9 and the 7.

Thatcher went a bit mad in the end but at the start she was just what this
country needed. Blair turned out to be a disaster from the get go. And I
will admit to voting for him myself in 1997 when I was a young and naive
20 something. I'm buggered if I'll ever vote labour again however after the
way they messed this country up socially AND economically.

B2003

Sam Wilson August 31st 11 04:48 PM

1506 and Boltar

In article
,
Nick wrote:

... And I'm afraid
that I find Conservative attitudes completely incompatible with my
understanding of Christianity.

I don't usually like joining in this kind of thread, but let me add an
AOL here.

Sam

Sam Wilson August 31st 11 04:51 PM

1506 and Boltar

Sam Wilson wrote:
I thought Major lost that election?

I think he transposed the 9 and the 7.

Thatcher went a bit mad in the end but at the start she was just what this
country needed. Blair turned out to be a disaster from the get go. And I
will admit to voting for him myself in 1997 when I was a young and naive
20 something. I'm buggered if I'll ever vote labour again however after the
way they messed this country up socially AND economically.

For the sake of clarity rather than argument, I didn't vote Conservative
when I was young and naive, and I wouldn't now. I don't think I've ever
voted Labour either.

Sam

Sam Wilson August 31st 11 04:51 PM

1506 and Boltar

BrianW wrote:
Whereas Mr "Auer"-Hudson is an intelligent loon, Bloatar is just a
retard. One ought to feel sorry for him, really.

When you look this gormless in a photo pal its best not to cast aspersions:

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/node/54249

Or was that your best Frank Spencer face?

I don't think he looks that odd. Can we have one of you to compare it
with - it seems only fair.

Sam