London Banter

-   -   1506 and Boltar (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12221-1506-boltar.html)

MIG August 26th 11 07:09 PM

1506 and Boltar

Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Graeme Wall August 26th 11 07:20 PM

1506 and Boltar

On 26/08/2011 20:09, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Try a killfile, makes life so much more pleasant.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail

Andy Breen August 26th 11 07:23 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:20:39 +0100, Graeme Wall wrote:

On 26/08/2011 20:09, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already I've
been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Try a killfile, makes life so much more pleasant.

You're a useful contributor to the group. Killfile them (you know
it makes sense) and stick around. We need the signal to noise ratio
upping.

--
From the Model M of Andy Breen, speaking only for himself

[email protected] August 26th 11 07:30 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Oh boo hoo. Grow a pair you wuss.

B2003

The Iron Jelloid August 26th 11 08:58 PM

1506 and Boltar

Once upon a time, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Killfile them and talk to the rest of us. I agree with Mr Breen, you're
a valued contributor here.

--
- The Iron Jelloid

[email protected] August 26th 11 10:01 PM

1506 and Boltar

In article ,
(The Iron Jelloid) wrote:

Once upon a time, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Killfile them and talk to the rest of us. I agree with Mr Breen,
you're a valued contributor here.

What they said. Please stay around.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

D7666 August 26th 11 10:04 PM

1506 and Boltar

Once upon a time, MIG wrote:

I won't be back.

I hope thats note true.

I've crossed swords with boltar who is nothing but a deleted
expletive.

--
Nick

THC August 27th 11 08:27 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 26, 8:09*pm, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Stay lurking. That way you don't have to engage with the idiots and
they don't even know you're there.

THC

The Real Doctor August 27th 11 10:14 AM

1506 and Boltar

On 26/08/11 20:09, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Many, many more like them at Speak You're Branes
(ifyoulikeisomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com). Ignore them or laugh at
them, but don't waste time taking them seriously. And don't go away on
their account.

Ian

[email protected] August 27th 11 03:53 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:14:37 +0100
The Real Doctor wrote:
them, but don't waste time taking them seriously. And don't go away on

Yes, much easier to put your head in the sand than admit to how a lot of
people in this country really feel isn't it. You can only ignore or suppress
grievances of the majority population for so long. If you want to know what the
end result of that can be I suggest you take a look at what happened in
Bosnia.

B2003

The Real Doctor August 27th 11 07:17 PM

1506 and Boltar

The Real wrote:
them, but don't waste time taking them seriously. And don't go away on

Yes, much easier to put your head in the sand than admit to how a lot of
people in this country really feel isn't it. You can only ignore or suppress
grievances of the majority population for so long.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda. You're falling into your old trap of assuming
that all members of groups you choose to identify think the same. The
basic problem, though, and I come to this conclusion after some
consideration, is not that you're homophobe (though you clearly are), a
racist (ditto) or a religious bigot (ditto) but that you are, frankly,
as thick as pig****.

Rarely has the Dunning-Kruger effect been more clearly demonstrated.

Ian

Tom Nicholls August 28th 11 03:35 AM

1506 and Boltar

On 27/08/11 20:35, Paul Corfield wrote:
I might not like the Daily Mail "view" of life (or even views more
extreme than that) but I have to recognise a lot of people think that
way and you won't shift them from that position. It's why we regularly
elect Conservative governments in this country. Boltar is just one of
many who holds such views.

For me, it's less about politics and more about civility. For example,
anyone who writes:

: Oh boo hoo. Grow a pair you wuss.

as Boltar did upthread, should be ignored because he's a jerk, not
because he reads the Daily Mail.

The Real Doctor August 28th 11 06:53 AM

1506 and Boltar

On 27/08/11 20:35, Paul Corfield wrote:
I might not like the Daily Mail "view" of life (or even views more
extreme than that) but I have to recognise a lot of people think that
way and you won't shift them from that position.

“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half
of them are even stupider.” - George Carlin

Ian

The Real Doctor August 28th 11 07:39 AM

1506 and Boltar

On 28/08/11 04:35, Tom Nicholls wrote:

For me, it's less about politics and more about civility.

I don't think these nutcases even have much political importance. Sure,
they make a lot of noise on the comments pages of the Telegraph, Mail,
BBC (Speak You're Branes) and so on, but if they vote at all it will
almost certainly be for the lunatic fringe: UKIP, BNP etc.

My own infallible test for wackjobs is the use of "so-called": as soon
as you see references to "so-called experts" or the "so-call Human
Rights Act" you know that the author has significant problems with reality.

Ian

Mizter T August 28th 11 08:05 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 28, 8:39*am, The Real Doctor wrote:

On 28/08/11 04:35, Tom Nicholls wrote:

For me, it's less about politics and more about civility.

I don't think these nutcases even have much political importance. Sure,
they make a lot of noise on the comments pages of the Telegraph, Mail,
BBC (Speak You're Branes) and so on, but if they vote at all it will
almost certainly be for the lunatic fringe: UKIP, BNP etc.

My own infallible test for wackjobs is the use of "so-called": as soon
as you see references to "so-called experts" or the "so-call Human
Rights Act" you know that the author has significant problems with reality.

ITYM "so-called reality"...

Nobody August 29th 11 12:22 AM

1506 and Boltar

The Real wrote:
them, but don't waste time taking them seriously. And don't go away on

Yes, much easier to put your head in the sand than admit to how a lot of
people in this country really feel isn't it. You can only ignore or suppress
grievances of the majority population for so long.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda. You're falling into your old trap of assuming
that all members of groups you choose to identify think the same. The
basic problem, though, and I come to this conclusion after some
consideration, is not that you're homophobe (though you clearly are), a
racist (ditto) or a religious bigot (ditto) but that you are, frankly,
as thick as pig****.

OT: but to "The Real Doctor": thank you.

[email protected] August 29th 11 08:23 AM

1506 and Boltar

The Real wrote:
them, but don't waste time taking them seriously. And don't go away on

Yes, much easier to put your head in the sand than admit to how a lot of
people in this country really feel isn't it. You can only ignore or suppress
grievances of the majority population for so long.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda. You're falling into your old trap of assuming
that all members of groups you choose to identify think the same. The
basic problem, though, and I come to this conclusion after some
consideration, is not that you're homophobe (though you clearly are), a
racist (ditto) or a religious bigot (ditto) but that you are, frankly,
as thick as pig****.

You don't agree with me, can't find a way to win your argument, ergo I'm
"as thick as pig****". Yeah, great debating technique you've got there. Really
ads gravitas to your arguments.

Rarely has the Dunning-Kruger effect been more clearly demonstrated.

Oh look, you can use wikipedia. Have a scooby snack.

B2003

[email protected] August 29th 11 08:26 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 20:35:50 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
way and you won't shift them from that position. It's why we regularly
elect Conservative governments in this country. Boltar is just one of
many who holds such views.

And thats what scares Ian so he pretends we don't exist. As I said, head
in the sand. But the real world doesn't give a damn what little lefties like
Ian think. A fact he'll probably discover the hard way one day.

B2003

Tom[_5_] August 29th 11 08:32 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 27, 8:35*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

I might not like the Daily Mail "view" of life (or even views more
extreme than that) but I have to recognise a lot of people think that
way and you won't shift them from that position. It's why we regularly
elect Conservative governments in this country. Boltar is just one of
many who holds such views.
--
Paul C

We don't regularly elect Conservative governments any more, they've
not won a majority in nearly 20 years and the current House, at a
particularly low ebb for Labour, has clear majorities in favour of,
for example, keeping the present human rights legislation and abortion
limits. There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why
they're so keen on eroding democracy.

It's also possible to over-estimate the prevalance of this brand of
mouthbreathing Mail-reader idiocy based on how often one comes across
it on the Internet, where I suspect it's found in the older, more time-
rich user (who's also more likely to have had a secure job and a
decent retirement income, I'd point out, in contrast to today's
generation who they so often decry as not having it tough enough).
Furthermore, concentrating on this masks a newer and more worrying
political trend of libertarian-derived selfishness amongst younger
people which is more of a worry, to be honest, and stems from failing
to realise that things like local democracy, planning laws, the NHS,
the welfare state and state education (and rail subsidies, to move
back on topic) are not permanent features of British life but
political constructs. I blame the teachers.

(Also, I'm not entirely sure anyone who, apparently straight faced,
suggests the UK will be like Bosnia in the future has any tangible
connection between brain and keyboard whatsoever - what's going to
happen, ethnically cleansing the Welsh?).

Tom

The Real Doctor August 29th 11 09:02 AM

1506 and Boltar

The Real wrote:

You don't agree with me, can't find a way to win your argument, ergo I'm
"as thick as pig****". Yeah, great debating technique you've got there. Really
ads gravitas to your arguments.

As I wrote, I came to the "thick as pig****" conclusion after some
consideration. It's clearly impossible to win any argument with you:
neither would I wish to try. I have more important things to do with my
life than convincing a deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot, and what
in any case would convincing the deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot
achieve?

Ian

MaxB August 29th 11 09:19 AM

1506 and Boltar

Apart from being OT, this also seems to be getting a bit OTT. Perhaps we
could declare "this correspondence is closed"?

MaxB

The Real Doctor August 29th 11 09:56 AM

1506 and Boltar

On 29/08/11 10:19, MaxB wrote:
Apart from being OT, this also seems to be getting a bit OTT. Perhaps we
could declare "this correspondence is closed"?

Nobody's forcing you to read it, sweetie.

Ian

Dave Jackson[_2_] August 29th 11 03:06 PM

1506 and Boltar

On 29/08/2011 12:21, Tim Fenton wrote:
flannelled fool

Neddie Seagoon, IIRC. He wanted to buy a penguin...

Must dig out the mp3 player which holds my Goon collection - certainly
be more entertaining than this thread.

--
Dave,
Frodsham

[email protected] August 29th 11 06:59 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:02:36 +0100
The Real Doctor wrote:
As I wrote, I came to the "thick as pig****" conclusion after some
consideration. It's clearly impossible to win any argument with you:
neither would I wish to try. I have more important things to do with my
life than convincing a deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot, and what
in any case would convincing the deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot
achieve?

Repeating a lame insult doesn't make it any more effective, it just makes
you look childish. But given you're probably a student I suspect thats
par for the course.

B2003

[email protected] August 29th 11 07:09 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:32:15 -0700 (PDT)
Tom wrote:
limits. There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. Of course with the system we have somewhere
like London with its over representation of constituencies can nicely bias
the vote due to the high proportion of left voting ethnics.

they're so keen on eroding democracy.

Fill us in with your conspiracy theory why don't you.

political constructs. I blame the teachers.

An easy target. Surprising for someone like you.

(Also, I'm not entirely sure anyone who, apparently straight faced,
suggests the UK will be like Bosnia in the future has any tangible

You naturally assumed I meant it would become a war zone rather than
concentrating on the ethnic and cultural enmity that gave rise to it. Tell
me, what do you think the 7/7 bombers were about? Were they making a stand
against crap daytime TV?

B2003

Railsigns.co.uk August 29th 11 07:22 PM

1506 and Boltar

Tom wrote:
limits. *There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

This doesn't look quite so good from the Tory point of view:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8280050.stm

[email protected] August 29th 11 07:56 PM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
On Aug 29, 8:09=A0pm, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

Tom wrote:
limits. =A0There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

This doesn't look quite so good from the Tory point of view:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8280050.stm

So I post actual results and you post opinion polls as a response?

Get a life.

B2003

[email protected] August 29th 11 07:57 PM

1506 and Boltar

"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

B2003

Railsigns.co.uk August 29th 11 08:02 PM

1506 and Boltar

Tom wrote:
limits. =A0There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

This doesn't look quite so good from the Tory point of view:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8280050.stm

So I post actual results and you post opinion polls as a response?

You chose to post (last year's) results in a format that distorts the
picture to suit your faulty argument.

Get a life.

Get a brain.

Railsigns.co.uk August 29th 11 08:04 PM

1506 and Boltar

"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

I understood it, but I also understand that proper nouns are always
capitalised. Pretty simply, really.

Get a brain.

The Real Doctor August 29th 11 08:48 PM

1506 and Boltar

The Real wrote:
As I wrote, I came to the "thick as pig****" conclusion after some
consideration. It's clearly impossible to win any argument with you:
neither would I wish to try. I have more important things to do with my
life than convincing a deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot, and what
in any case would convincing the deluded idiot that he's a deluded idiot
achieve?

Repeating a lame insult doesn't make it any more effective, it just makes
you look childish. But given you're probably a student I suspect thats
par for the course.

Oh look, a lame insult.

Anyway, "deluded idiot" and "thick as pig****" are carefully honed
descriptions based on observation and evidence.

Ian

Charles Ellson August 29th 11 10:43 PM

1506 and Boltar

Tom wrote:
limits. There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. Of course with the system we have somewhere
like London with its over representation of constituencies can nicely bias
the vote due to the high proportion of left voting ethnics.

"Ethnics" ? You are at least a thousand years too late to complain
about bloody foreigners[TM] coming into the country and taking away
all the jobs that you probably don't want to do yourself anyway.
snip

Charles Ellson August 29th 11 10:44 PM

1506 and Boltar

"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

Possibly more than you seem to be practising your English.

[email protected] August 30th 11 08:47 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
Bol-tard wrote:

*guffaw*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8280050.stm

So I post actual results and you post opinion polls as a response?

You chose to post (last year's) results in a format that distorts the
picture to suit your faulty argument.

So the actual results distort the picture? You mean they don't suit your
argument so you choose to ignore them. Are you a character out of a george
orwell novel or something?

B2003

[email protected] August 30th 11 08:48 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:48:54 +0100
The Real Doctor wrote:
Repeating a lame insult doesn't make it any more effective, it just makes
you look childish. But given you're probably a student I suspect thats
par for the course.

Oh look, a lame insult.

So yes you are a student. In which case your opinions are frankly worthless.
When you've experience a bit of life outside your student union get back to
me.

Anyway, "deluded idiot" and "thick as pig****" are carefully honed
descriptions based on observation and evidence.

Now you sound like a child in the playground pretending to be grown up.

B2003

[email protected] August 30th 11 08:51 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:43:09 +0100
Charles Ellson wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. Of course with the system we have

somewhere
like London with its over representation of constituencies can nicely bias
the vote due to the high proportion of left voting ethnics.

"Ethnics" ? You are at least a thousand years too late to complain
about bloody foreigners[TM] coming into the country and taking away
all the jobs that you probably don't want to do yourself anyway.
snip

Ah , the old anglo-saxon/norman/hugenot/jewish came before bogus argument.

Since man didn't evolve on the british isles we're all ultimately immigrants
so how far back to you want to take that rather silly rationale?

What happened 1000 years or even 50 years ago is irrelevant, I'm concerned
about what's happening now.

B2003

[email protected] August 30th 11 08:51 AM

1506 and Boltar

"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

Possibly more than you seem to be practising your English.

Fine. Point out the grammatical error then.

B2003

The Real Doctor August 30th 11 09:16 AM

1506 and Boltar

Charles wrote:

Btw, if there was something about that pretty simple sentence you
didn't understand just ask. Or are you practicing your latin?

Possibly more than you seem to be practising your English.

Fine. Point out the grammatical error then.

That should have been "Point out the grammatical error, then" - you
missed a comma. In your previous post it should have been "practising",
not "practicing".

Ian

BrianW[_2_] August 30th 11 10:29 AM

1506 and Boltar

On Aug 26, 8:09*pm, MIG wrote:
Only been looking these groups again for about a week, and already
I've been accused of random violent crimes by a couple of the sicker
elements of society.

I won't be back.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about what those two "think" about you. 1506,
aka Adrian "Auer"-Hudson, a fundamentalist religious nut. And
Bloatar, who has made himself look a dick on every newsgroup he posts
to. Why would it bother you what a pair of loons say about you?