Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 12th 11, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom,uk.comp.mobile

Default Public internet access on the london underground

In article , Mike
Coon scribeth thus
Mizter T wrote:
I know about leaky feeders, but I'd posit that they don't seem to
offer the completely painless trouble free solution that you suggest,

I've heard of leaky feeders, but not just how much of a solution they
represent. For instance, do they operate bi-directionally? I have difficulty
imagining that they could pick up sufficient signal directly from phones to
do all the essential handshaking without needing some special equipment on
the trains to act as intermediaries.

Mike.

Yes there're just like a large long aerial Transmit and receive...
--
Tony Sayer