Old January 15th 15, 09:27 PM
Junior Member

Default 3 Months TRAVEL CARD Zone 1 to Zone 6 for sale, 200 pounds

3 months travel card zone 1 to zone 6, works in underground, overground, buses, and railway trains.

Last edited by Mike222 : January 16th 15 at 12:18 PM

Old January 16th 15, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-01-15 22:27:43 +0000, Mike222 said:

3 months travel card zone 1 to zone 6, works in underground, overground,
buses, and railway trains. It will expire on the 31/03/2015. Great
value, if you use public transports regularly in London. Call
07930056188 if interested, (I won't reply to txts).

You know they are (a) partly refundable, and (b) not transferrable,
right? So it's illegal for you to sell it, but you could return it for
a partial refund, so why not do that?

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old January 16th 15, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-01-15 22:27:43 +0000, Mike222 said:

3 months travel card zone 1 to zone 6, works in underground, overground,
buses, and railway trains. It will expire on the 31/03/2015. Great
value, if you use public transports regularly in London. Call
07930056188 if interested, (I won't reply to txts).

You know they are (a) partly refundable, and (b) not transferrable, right?
So it's illegal for you to sell it,

pedantically

is it illegal for him to sell it for whatever it is worth to the buyer?

Of course, as it is linked to a specific numbered photo card, that value to
someone else is going to be no more than "interest" value

tim

Old January 16th 15, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:42:58 on Fri, 16 Jan
2015, tim..... remarked:
3 months travel card zone 1 to zone 6, works in underground, overground,
buses, and railway trains. It will expire on the 31/03/2015. Great
value, if you use public transports regularly in London. Call
07930056188 if interested, (I won't reply to txts).

You know they are (a) partly refundable, and (b) not transferrable,
right? So it's illegal for you to sell it,

pedantically

is it illegal for him to sell it for whatever it is worth to the buyer?

Of course, as it is linked to a specific numbered photo card, that
value to someone else is going to be no more than "interest" value

As far as I know an adult Travelcard within z1-6 bought at a TfL ticket
office is the one ticket of that type which doesn't require a photocard.
Old January 16th 15, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:54:13 on
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:
is it illegal for him to sell it for whatever it is worth to the buyer?

Of course, as it is linked to a specific numbered photo card, that
value to someone else is going to be no more than "interest" value

As far as I know an adult Travelcard within z1-6 bought at a TfL ticket
office is the one ticket of that type which doesn't require a photocard.

I thought monthly and longer Travelcards do have to be registered
though if issued on an Oyster Card.

Paper travelcard seasons issued from NR stations have to be linked to
a photocard. A quick check of TOC websites shows no exception for
Travelcard seasons not having a photocard. A different practice from
TfL.

Yes, buying at a NR office does require a photocard.

Therefore a ticket wth 3 months value will be linked in some way to an
identifiable individual.

What if they paid cash, or with a prepay credit card?

There is therefore a risk that anyone using it could be charged with
fraud if a ticket inspector picked up on something or just asked some
logical questions.

That'll depend on how many blue moons we have between now and the end of
March!

Old January 16th 15, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

That'll depend on how many blue moons we have between now and the end
of March!

Unless (purely by accident/oversight of course) the card happens to
reported as lost/stolen?
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old January 17th 15, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 13:44:31 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:54:13 on
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:

[...]
Paper travelcard seasons issued from NR stations have to be linked to
a photocard. A quick check of TOC websites shows no exception for
Travelcard seasons not having a photocard. A different practice from
TfL.

Yes, buying at a NR office does require a photocard.

But for a while I'm sure it didn't, for Travelcards only. This ended
a few years ago - 2012? So they were flirting with the idea of
dropping the photo.

Richard.
Old January 17th 15, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-01-16 11:58:26 +0000, Roland Perry said:

As far as I know an adult Travelcard within z1-6 bought at a TfL ticket
office is the one ticket of that type which doesn't require a photocard.

So are Network Railcards but the T&C still say they are not transferrable.

The Oyster card or ticket is property of TfL so it isn't the
passenger's to sell. What a passenger has is a licence to travel,
effectively, which is part refundable but not transferrable.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old January 18th 15, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:31:08 on Sat, 17
Jan 2015, Neil Williams remarked:
As far as I know an adult Travelcard within z1-6 bought at a TfL
ticket office is the one ticket of that type which doesn't require a
photocard.

So are Network Railcards but the T&C still say they are not transferrable.

The Oyster card or ticket is property of TfL so it isn't the
passenger's to sell. What a passenger has is a licence to travel,
effectively, which is part refundable but not transferrable.

I'm not claiming it's transferable, we'd drifted off to discuss
photocards. Most Railcards don't have photos.