Old October 31st 11, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waste of space drivers

On Oct 30, 4:27*pm, "Ian F." wrote:

You do realise the drivers cannot see what's happening on the other
platform at Kennington?

There are usually staff on both platforms that could tell them to hold the
train.

You accidentally wrote "usually" instead of "never".

Old October 31st 11, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 30, 5:30*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\10\30 16:27, Ian F. wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message

You do realise the drivers cannot see what's happening on the other
platform at Kennington?

There are usually staff on both platforms that could tell them to hold
the train. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they do this
totally on purpose.

Railway staff obey rules or they get sacked. With headways every three
minutes, it seems unnecessary anyway, so the orders that come from above
seem to be good ones to me. At Harrow-O-T-H, where the headways are much
greater, trains are held IIRC.

Then of course at the next station up the line the train will be held
to "regulate the service".
Old October 31st 11, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2011\10\31 18:53, Paul wrote:
On Oct 30, 5:30 pm, Basil wrote:
On 2011\10\30 16:27, Ian F. wrote:

"Mizter wrote in message

You do realise the drivers cannot see what's happening on the other
platform at Kennington?

There are usually staff on both platforms that could tell them to hold
the train. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they do this
totally on purpose.

Railway staff obey rules or they get sacked. With headways every three
minutes, it seems unnecessary anyway, so the orders that come from above
seem to be good ones to me. At Harrow-O-T-H, where the headways are much
greater, trains are held IIRC.

Then of course at the next station up the line the train will be held
to "regulate the service".

I have no idea, but the decisions are not in the hands of the platform
staff.