Old January 10th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Pre Pay and Photo Card

Just decided to get a pre pay oyster card online as the fares are cheaper on
the oyster, although I usually have a swt season that covers zones 1-6. It
asks for a photocard no. can I use my national rail young persons photcard
for this purpose, or do I have to carry yet another ticket/card with me?

Thanks

Jaime

Old January 10th 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jaime wrote:
Just decided to get a pre pay oyster card online as the fares are cheaper on
the oyster, although I usually have a swt season that covers zones 1-6. It
asks for a photocard no. can I use my national rail young persons photcard
for this purpose, or do I have to carry yet another ticket/card with me?

If you only have prepay I can't see why you need a photocard at all,
as I'm sure I read that prepay cards can be loaned to friends.

I emailed TfL to ask about this but they never replied...

Old January 10th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Haddock" wrote in message
Jaime wrote:
Just decided to get a pre pay oyster card online as the fares are

cheaper on
the oyster, although I usually have a swt season that covers zones 1-6.

It
asks for a photocard no. can I use my national rail young persons

photcard
for this purpose, or do I have to carry yet another ticket/card with me?

If you only have prepay I can't see why you need a photocard at all,
as I'm sure I read that prepay cards can be loaned to friends.

I emailed TfL to ask about this but they never replied...

To order online you need to give a photocard no. also I believe you need to
give one to register the card. Anyways I will get one on Monday from a
ticket office as there doesnt seem to be an answer to this.

Thanks for your reply.

Jaime

Old January 10th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jaime wrote:

To order online you need to give a photocard no. also I believe you need to
give one to register the card. Anyways I will get one on Monday from a
ticket office as there doesnt seem to be an answer to this.

You're not the first person to say that, but I bought mine
online and didn't give a photocard number (and don't remember
being asked for one). They sent a blank photocard in the post
instead.

Maybe it's changed.

Old January 10th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Haddock" wrote in message
Jaime wrote:

To order online you need to give a photocard no. also I believe you need

give one to register the card. Anyways I will get one on Monday from a
ticket office as there doesnt seem to be an answer to this.

You're not the first person to say that, but I bought mine
online and didn't give a photocard number (and don't remember
being asked for one). They sent a blank photocard in the post
instead.

Maybe it's changed.

Thanks, looks as if it has changed. I guess another related question is can
you change the photocard no once you enter it on the website or are you
doomed to the same picture etc.. for the life of the oyster.

Jaime

Old January 11th 04, 02:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:20:29 -0000, "Jaime"
wrote:

"Haddock" wrote in message
Jaime wrote:

To order online you need to give a photocard no. also I believe you need

give one to register the card. Anyways I will get one on Monday from a
ticket office as there doesnt seem to be an answer to this.

You're not the first person to say that, but I bought mine
online and didn't give a photocard number (and don't remember
being asked for one). They sent a blank photocard in the post
instead.

Maybe it's changed.

Thanks, looks as if it has changed. I guess another related question is can
you change the photocard no once you enter it on the website or are you
doomed to the same picture etc.. for the life of the oyster.

Jaime

My prepay was bought at Fulham Tube Station, now they have educated
the staff there, ticket selling bloke said "have you got an old
photocard", I said "nope", and gave me the oystercard anyway.

Now when i look my oystercard up on the website it says my photocard
number is "XXXX" so I guess you could fill that in or just "0" as
others have said.

Old January 11th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The Literature was very clear. If you want your Oyster purely for prepay,
then no registration is necessary, so no photocard. However, if your using
for 7 day or longer travelcards, then you have to register and so a
photocard is a must.

Note that prepay is not available on busses. yet. I suppose this will have
to wait until all 2 man busses have gone.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old January 11th 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Lawrence Myers
writes
The Literature was very clear. If you want your Oyster purely for prepay,
then no registration is necessary, so no photocard. However, if your using
for 7 day or longer travelcards, then you have to register and so a
photocard is a must.

But not for adult rate 7 Day Zone 1 or 2 or Zones 1&2 Travelcards
whether on Oyster or not.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 11th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:52:27 +0000, Kat wrote:

But not for adult rate 7 Day Zone 1 or 2 or Zones 1&2 Travelcards
whether on Oyster or not.

I thought the trial had finished, and had not been adopted permanently?

Neil

Old January 11th 04, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Neil
Williams writes
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:52:27 +0000, Kat wrote:

But not for adult rate 7 Day Zone 1 or 2 or Zones 1&2 Travelcards
whether on Oyster or not.

I thought the trial had finished, and had not been adopted permanently?

Not according to Fares and Tickets 2004
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.