Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old tube map

I've an old A-Z someone gave me, interesting to checking out changes to streets
and whether my memory is right, but I've also recently looked at the tube map
in it, different in the way some lines are drawn but also with some differences
in content.
I recognised the old South Acton spur, and Trafalgar Square, and what is now
the Heathrow section of the Picadilly Line then stopped at Hounslow West. Some
other bits were less familiar, and as the map is only black-and-white, its not
clear whether they were all tube lines. I think I remember the Bakerloo Line
doubling with BR as far as Watford Junction, but did the Met through Amersham
continue as far as Aylesbury? Another interesting bit is between Old Street and
Finsbury Park, with stations shown at Essex Road, Highbury and Islington and
Drayton Park.
Anybody have more info on these? And as the A-Z does not have a date of
publication, could anyone make a rough stab

Where can I get the old tube map? Zingo London Transport 14 May 8th 10 03:20 PM
Banksy at Old Street Tube (Tarantino Bananas) David F London Transport 2 April 21st 07 06:48 AM
Old Tube Map CharlesPottins London Transport 0 January 11th 04 05:20 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM
photos of old/closed tube stops j London Transport 7 October 23rd 03 10:20 AM