Old March 25th 12, 01:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross - site visit

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:43:47 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

It can also be used to pay for entry to a museum,

I'm not aware of that. TfL don't accept it at their own museum.

Have they stopped accepting it then? There was an oyster reader at the
ticket sales point when I visited a few years back. A post in this group
from 2009 suggest they accept it.

See
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.t...w/7b-odfRG34QJ

--
jhk

Old March 25th 12, 02:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:27:52 on
Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Jarle H Knudsen remarked:
It can also be used to pay for entry to a museum,

I'm not aware of that. TfL don't accept it at their own museum.

Have they stopped accepting it then? There was an oyster reader at the
ticket sales point when I visited a few years back. A post in this group
from 2009 suggest they accept it.

See
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.t...w/7b-odfRG34QJ

I couldn't see any mention of it on their current site.

But even if the do, it's not useful to say Oyster can be used for museum
entry, if that's the only one.
Old March 25th 12, 03:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.t...kYF9wk_w/7b-od...

I couldn't see any mention of it on their current site.

But even if the do, it's not useful to say Oyster can be used for museum
entry, if that's the only one.

Cannot say I noticed any last Tuesday when I went for a Birthday treat
- SWMBO paid up as well!

We gift aided the tax and were given a paper ticket that is valid for
one year, which seems to be getting quite common these days. Not sure
how that could be done with Oyster, although I am sure it is
technically feasible.

Richard
Old March 25th 12, 03:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
, at
08:17:14 on Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Fat richard
remarked:
We gift aided the tax and were given a paper ticket that is valid for
one year, which seems to be getting quite common these days. Not sure
how that could be done with Oyster, although I am sure it is
technically feasible.

When I looked at their website the other day, I noticed that the
standard paper ticket was in fact an annual season. The group-discount
ticket, on the other hand, is just a day ticket.

I don't see a fundamental problem with exchanging Oyster credit for one
of those (paper) annual season tickets, apart from the fact they
probably don't do it. (And you'd need to retain the paper ticket, not
the record on your Oyster account, which they like to think expires
after 90 days anyway).
Old March 26th 12, 07:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:27:52 +0200, Jarle H Knudsen
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:43:47 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

I'm not aware of that. TfL don't accept it at their own museum.

Have they stopped accepting it then? There was an oyster reader at the
ticket sales point when I visited a few years back. A post in this group
from 2009 suggest they accept it.

Senior Citizens (etc., presumably) could use a Freedom Pass to get
free access to the museum until a few years ago. The Oyster reader
would have been for that, I think.

Richard.

Old March 26th 12, 08:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:43:47 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

I'm not aware of that. TfL don't accept it at their own museum.

Have they stopped accepting it then? There was an oyster reader at the
ticket sales point when I visited a few years back. A post in this group
from 2009 suggest they accept it.

Senior Citizens (etc., presumably) could use a Freedom Pass to get
free access to the museum until a few years ago. *The Oyster reader
would have been for that, I think.

They also allowed payment by Oyster for a while too.