Old January 18th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL doesn't want my money.

It must be fate.

I had finally given in and tonight I decided to visit the TfL web site
and register online to purchase a Pre-pay Oyster.

I tried to use my Visa for payment. This is the same Visa that is
welcomed all over the world as being a totally kosher card. Web sites
love it when I click on the 'checkout' option.

All sites that is - except TfL. They rejected my card / details. :-(

Oh well, at least I tried to use an
Oyster..................................

--
Bob Adams (email to )

Old January 18th 04, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:16:16 +0000, Bob Adams
wrote:

I tried to use my Visa for payment. This is the same Visa that is
welcomed all over the world as being a totally kosher card. Web sites
love it when I click on the 'checkout' option.

All sites that is - except TfL. They rejected my card / details. :-(

I had the same problem but it worked once I entered a valid phone
number. Did you fill in every field?
Old January 19th 04, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I tried to use my Visa for payment. This is the same Visa that is
welcomed all over the world as being a totally kosher card. Web sites
love it when I click on the 'checkout' option.

All sites that is - except TfL. They rejected my card / details. :-(

I had the same problem but it worked once I entered a valid phone
number. Did you fill in every field?

I had the same problem when I tried to get an annual travel card. All the
details were filled in and correct, but the site reported that the
transaction had been refused. So I'd check my details, check my card status,
and try again. I gave up after 5-6 attempts.

Then I discovered that my card issuer had been approving the requests, but
the oyster site wasn't accepting/confirming the payment. So I ended up with
around 6000 quid of charge "pending" on my card for a few days until it got
cancelled. Scared the life out of me when I first saw that, until I
discovered what it was.

Tried again a month or two later and it had been fixed...

J.

Old January 19th 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I had finally given in and tonight I decided to visit the TfL web site
and register online to purchase a Pre-pay Oyster.

I tried to use my Visa for payment. This is the same Visa that is
welcomed all over the world as being a totally kosher card. Web sites
love it when I click on the 'checkout' option.

All sites that is - except TfL. They rejected my card / details. :-(

I purchased an Oyser on http://sales.oystercard.com using a Visa card.

Must be you. ;-P

Cheers,

Jason.
Old January 19th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:56:16 +0000, Jason
wrote:

I purchased an Oyser on http://sales.oystercard.com using a Visa card.

Or even an Oyster!

Old January 19th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I purchased an Oyser on http://sales.oystercard.com using a Visa card.

Or even an Oyster!

I can't buy an Oyster online - the sales site won't take Solo cards,
and I can't use my credit card because it has a U.S. billing address.
I'll have to buy it at a station; does anyone know if Richmond Station
sells Oysters?

Brad
Old January 19th 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , TheOneKEA
writes

I can't buy an Oyster online - the sales site won't take Solo cards,
and I can't use my credit card because it has a U.S. billing address.
I'll have to buy it at a station; does anyone know if Richmond Station
sells Oysters?

According to the latest update I have, Richmond is now selling Oyster
Pre Pay.
Of course, it is possible that they don't actually know this yet. I've
seen so many people with Oyster seasons still being sold paper
extensions tickets from LU ticket offices.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 20th 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote in message ...
In message , TheOneKEA
writes

I can't buy an Oyster online - the sales site won't take Solo cards,
and I can't use my credit card because it has a U.S. billing address.
I'll have to buy it at a station; does anyone know if Richmond Station
sells Oysters?

According to the latest update I have, Richmond is now selling Oyster
Pre Pay.
Of course, it is possible that they don't actually know this yet. I've
seen so many people with Oyster seasons still being sold paper
extensions tickets from LU ticket offices.

Thaks for the update - I'll try to buy an Oystercard at Richmond later this week.

Brad
Old January 20th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:48:27 +0000, Kat
wrote:

In message , TheOneKEA
writes

I can't buy an Oyster online - the sales site won't take Solo cards,
and I can't use my credit card because it has a U.S. billing address.
I'll have to buy it at a station; does anyone know if Richmond Station
sells Oysters?

According to the latest update I have, Richmond is now selling Oyster
Pre Pay.

They also sell Season Tickets - I got mine there.