Old June 7th 12, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Can the Railways Cope with the Olympic Crowds?

On Jun 7, 3:57*pm, Bruce wrote:
Neill wrote:
If they use the same rude, foul-mouthed little Hitlers they were using
on Sunday as crowd control, I very much doubt it. I got my Olympic
tickets for the weightlifting at the Excel yesterday. No liquids,
airport style security, just to get in the venue. Does that mean take
your belt and shoes off just to get into a sporting event that costs
=A395 for 2 hours? I wonder how much they're going to fleece you for a
bottle of water once you get in? I paid for the tickets just for the
Olympic experience, I have no interest in weightlifing. I'm now
wondering why I bothered

Anyone who wants to see the Olympic Park without paying an Olympic
price for a ticket to watch an event can apparently pay £10 to get in
and have a walk round during the Paralympics.

Cost you £15 on top to go up that red tower thing though

Here's a couple of links to what is not permitted in Olympic venues.
With water costing £1.60 a bottle, it does make me wonder whether its
being run by BAA

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Documen...ts_Neutral.pdf

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Documen...ls_Neutral.pdf

Neill

Old June 7th 12, 06:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"neill" wrote in message
On Jun 7, 3:57 pm, Bruce wrote:
Neill wrote:
[...]

um

what part of :

"free drinking water is available at the venue" do you not understand?

tim

Old June 7th 12, 06:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 07/06/2012 19:12, neill wrote:
[...]
Here's a couple of links to what is not permitted in Olympic venues.
With water costing £1.60 a bottle, it does make me wonder whether its
being run by BAA.
[snip links]

You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.
Old June 7th 12, 06:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
, at
11:12:46 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012, neill remarked:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Documen...ts_Neutral.pdf

Sounds like they are going to be charging for Wifi access, or is the ban
on "hubs" and "phones as hubs" to reduce the interference?
Old June 7th 12, 07:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:19:30 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
Mizter T remarked:
You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.

But not baby milk. After the fuss about allowing babies in, you'd think
they'd have learnt that lesson.

I wonder if breast feeding is banned?

Old June 7th 12, 08:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

neill wrote:
On Jun 7, 3:57=A0pm, Bruce wrote:
Neill wrote:
If they use the same rude, foul-mouthed little Hitlers they were using
on Sunday as crowd control, I very much doubt it. I got my Olympic
tickets for the weightlifting at the Excel yesterday. No liquids,
airport style security, just to get in the venue. Does that mean take
your belt and shoes off just to get into a sporting event that costs
=3DA395 for 2 hours? I wonder how much they're going to fleece you for a
bottle of water once you get in? I paid for the tickets just for the
Olympic experience, I have no interest in weightlifing. I'm now
wondering why I bothered

Anyone who wants to see the Olympic Park without paying an Olympic
price for a ticket to watch an event can apparently pay =A310 to get in
and have a walk round during the Paralympics.

Cost you £15 on top to go up that red tower thing though

No chance. I saw the monstrosity from the A12 a couple of weeks ago
and that was more than enough for me. ;-)

Old June 7th 12, 08:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 20:00:51 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 19:19:30 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
Mizter T remarked:
You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.

But not baby milk. After the fuss about allowing babies in, you'd think
they'd have learnt that lesson.

I wonder if breast feeding is banned?

Probably depends on whether they have someone like Nestle as a
sponsor...
Old June 7th 12, 09:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , at 19:19:30 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
Mizter T remarked:
You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.

But not baby milk. After the fuss about allowing babies in, you'd think
they'd have learnt that lesson.

I wonder if breast feeding is banned?

There is a level 4 fine (up to 2500 UKP) for anyone trying to stop it
at any of the events in Scotland.
Old June 8th 12, 11:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

wrote:

In message , at 19:19:30 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
Mizter T remarked:
You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.

But not baby milk. After the fuss about allowing babies in, you'd think
they'd have learnt that lesson.

I wonder if breast feeding is banned?

There is a level 4 fine (up to 2500 UKP) for anyone trying to stop it
at any of the events in Scotland.

But any babies being breast fed or on bottled milk wont have been born
when the ticket fiasco started - so they wont have tickets - in which
case they and their parents will not be present anyway.

CJB
Old June 8th 12, 11:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , at 19:19:30 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
Mizter T remarked:
You'll be able to bring an empty bottle and fill it up with tap water
inside the venues - tap water facilities will be provided. You'll also
be allowed to bring a reasonable amount of food.

But not baby milk. After the fuss about allowing babies in, you'd think
they'd have learnt that lesson.

I wonder if breast feeding is banned?

There is a level 4 fine (up to 2500 UKP) for anyone trying to stop it
at any of the events in Scotland.

But any babies being breast fed or on bottled milk wont have been born
when the ticket fiasco started - so they wont have tickets - in which
case they and their parents will not be present anyway.

Babies under 12 months old won't need tickets for most Olympics venues
as long as they are "securely strapped to the parent or carer by way
of a baby carrier, papoose or sling".
See
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8470L120120508