Old June 14th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Wifi

On 14/06/2012 07:40, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
The cost to me of subsidising callers is a fixed mnthly rental, and
incoming calls are free.

The cost to others of subsidising me not having a landline varies, but
is normally an extra cost per minute on the calls (to my mobile).

If they have a contract UK mobile with inclusive minutes (or a PAYG plan
that offers something similar), then calling from their mobile to yours
wouldn't incur extra expense. That's an *if* though, and there are other
factors such as availability of decent mobile reception for both the
calling and called parties.

Old June 14th 12, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:32:40 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
Or get a replacement handset and SIM, and then carry on using your
existing mobile number. (o2 will happily hand out a replacement SIM at
one of their shops.)

How do you persuade the grunt at the desk that you really have lost it and
haven't just given it to your cousin as a hand-me-down?

B2003

Old June 14th 12, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

How do you persuade the grunt at the desk that you really have lost it and
haven't just given it to your cousin as a hand-me-down?

Why should that matter? Mobile operators give out SIM cards for nowt all
the time. They are physically worth a couple of quid if that. You would
have to purchase the phone or claim on insurance. And the old one would be
blocked so useless anyway.

I can't imagine any questions being asked at all unless you did it every
other week.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.