Old June 15th 12, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The dangleway

Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

--
jhk

Old June 16th 12, 05:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 16 June 2012 00:14:04 UTC+1, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

Here's an oddity I have not yet seen mentioned.

On the Tube map 'Emirates' can now be seen right next to 'Woolwich Arsenal'.
Old June 16th 12, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/06/2012 00:14, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

The only date I've seen was the 2nd July but that was still subject to
confirmation and was a by-proxy reference in any case (it was a London
Service Permit application for a tour bus to start visiting it when it
opened).

Diamond Geezer on his blog suggests it will be earlier otherwise there
would be no point in this release of the tube map, but in that case I
could use Shadwell DLR station as a counterpoint where the January map
claimed it would be going step free in January whereas in fact they'd
finished all the work by late November or so.
Old June 17th 12, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/06/2012 00:14, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

No chance.
Old June 17th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17/06/2012 12:44, Mizter T wrote:

On 16/06/2012 00:14, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

No chance.

That was a bit abrupt - so here's some more info from a BBC London news
report (video) from mid-May:

Old June 17th 12, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/06/2012 00:15, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 01:14:04 +0200, Jarle H Knudsen
wrote:

Any chance the Air Line will open in the next two weeks?

According to a tweet from Tom Edwards of BBC London the dangleway will
open at midday on Friday 28 June 2012. I imagine Boris will be doing
his stuff in the morning.

Oyster fare is £3.20 (I assume on PAYG). £4.30 cash.

Frequent flyers pay £16 for 10 rides.

And for season ticket holders?

Old June 18th 12, 06:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Oyster fare is £3.20 (I assume on PAYG). £4.30 cash.

Frequent flyers pay £16 for 10 rides.

Great, yet another non integrated element in TfL's fare system.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.
Old June 18th 12, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I suspect that might just allow Jarle to sneak a ride before he has to
head to the airport!

Unless of course it will immediately be designated a "Games Lane" as
part of the Olympic Routre Network and its use restricted to athletes -
plus of course the many thousands of Olympic "VIPs" and other people who
helped spend our money on their toys.
--
Robin (increasingly feeling trapped in Hackney for the summer by the
Olympics)

Old June 18th 12, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:13:21 on
Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
Oyster fare is £3.20 (I assume on PAYG).

Does it form a component of daily capping?

£4.30 cash.

I hope the ticket machines have got a lot of 70p's in them, for change.

Frequent flyers pay £16 for 10 rides.

Great, yet another non integrated element in TfL's fare system.

Did you ever expect it to be on standard fares? It's always felt
like a premium service to me.

Is it included on a Travelcard?

What zones are the two ends in, or doesn't it matter (if Travelcards
aren't accepted).
Old June 18th 12, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Did you ever expect it to be on standard fares? It's always felt
like a premium service to me.

I expected them to do what they did, but I don't think it was right to do
that. It should have been in the standard fares system, treated as a Tube
journey for ticketing purposes.

The only separate fares structure I see a need for in London is a cheaper
bus only fare to reduce Tube overcrowding. Everything else should be on
one single unified tariff, which should also include connectional bus
travel. If the Germans can do it, why can't we?

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.