Old July 6th 12, 08:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 07:37:53 +0100
Martin Edwards wrote:
On 05/07/2012 14:44, d wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 05:21:09 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:
My understanding is that, in the UK, there is a shortage of adoptive
parents at the moment (ie a surplus of children). The choice, then,

I bet I can guess where a lot of those kids come from and why nobody
wants to adopt them.

Your guess is?

Abused kids from broken homes with serious behavioural and/or personality
disorders because of it.

B2003

Old July 6th 12, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/Observer

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:45:40AM -0700, 77002 wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:16=A0pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:41:54AM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:
We've nearly been through the card now. =A0How about capital punishment=

,
safety belts are dangerous and smoking is good for you?

If it helps, my dad recently had a heart attack while playing squash.
He wasn't smoking at the time. =A0This *PROVES* that smoking prevents
heart attacks, and that exercise is bad for you.

This, IMHO, is not something about which one should joke.

If he can joke about it, then I jolly well can.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness
Old July 6th 12, 12:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Jul 6, 12:45*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:45:40AM -0700, 77002 wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:16=A0pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:41:54AM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:
We've nearly been through the card now. =A0How about capital punishment=

,
safety belts are dangerous and smoking is good for you?
If it helps, my dad recently had a heart attack while playing squash.
He wasn't smoking at the time. =A0This *PROVES* that smoking prevents
heart attacks, and that exercise is bad for you.

This, IMHO, is not something about which one should joke.

If he can joke about it, then I jolly well can.

Fair enough. Glad to hear he is in good spirits. That helps the
healing process.
Old July 6th 12, 05:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

In uk.railway Nick Leverton twisted the electrons to say:
It's these unnatural and irresponsible gay marriages, producing unwanted
children left, right and centre ...

Though if all the rabid heterosexuals stopped having gay kids then the
problem they're so overly concerned about would go away!

Old July 6th 12, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Jul 6, 6:33*pm, Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Nick Leverton twisted the electrons to say:

It's these unnatural and irresponsible gay marriages, producing unwanted
children left, right and centre ...

Though if all the rabid heterosexuals stopped having gay kids then the
problem they're so overly concerned about would go away!

If children cannot be bright and cheerful! who can?
Old July 6th 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control -Guardian/

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:19:10 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 10:05:30AM -0500,
wrote:

The assembly is purely a scrutiny body. A bit like parliament.

Parliament can vote against a bill. Can the Assembly do anything like
that?

It can veto the Mayor's budget.

Colin McKenzie

--
Cycling in the UK is about as safe as walking, and helmets don't make it
safer. Make an informed choice - visit
Old July 7th 12, 06:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

wrote:
My understanding is that, in the UK, there is a shortage of adoptive
parents at the moment (ie a surplus of children). The choice, then,

I bet I can guess where a lot of those kids come from and why nobody
wants to adopt them.

Your guess is?

The Stork brought them.

Are you saying they are made from low fat spread?

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman
Old July 7th 12, 06:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 06/07/2012 08:40, 77002 wrote:
On Jul 6, 8:28 am, Nick wrote:

wrote:
My understanding is that, in the UK, there is a shortage of adoptive
parents at the moment (ie a surplus of children). The choice, then,

I bet I can guess where a lot of those kids come from and why nobody
wants to adopt them.

Your guess is?

It's these unnatural and irresponsible gay marriages, producing unwanted
children left, right and centre ...

The average is 2.2 per couple, bright and cheerful, or not. My spouse
and I were gay enough to produce four. There is nothing unatural
about being bright and cheerful whatever the liberals tell you.

Bleeeeeeeh!