Old January 21st 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Refurbished Victoria line trains

Got on a northbound at Vauxhall this morning, and for the first time noticed
that the 7 seats facnig each other in the middle part of the carriage, have
been altered to match the Jubilee style stock .. ie, there are now onyl 5
seats and a pad to rest your arse on at each end! Allows more standing area
by the doors.

First time i've seen this.. has this just been done, or am I way behind the
times?

Also it had new upholstery on the seats, as i noted a Met line train did the
other day too .. nice new purple patterned material...

Old January 21st 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:30:10 -0000, "Geoff Marshall"
wrote:

Got on a northbound at Vauxhall this morning, and for the first time noticed
that the 7 seats facnig each other in the middle part of the carriage, have
been altered to match the Jubilee style stock .. ie, there are now onyl 5
seats and a pad to rest your arse on at each end! Allows more standing area
by the doors.

First time i've seen this.. has this just been done, or am I way behind the
times?

Also it had new upholstery on the seats, as i noted a Met line train did the
other day too .. nice new purple patterned material...

I think you are behind the times by several years. One unit was
converted to this format in the two trailer cars as a trial. I think it
is unit 3086 etc but am happy to be corrected. While I can see some
marginal benefit in terms of additional standees I am very grateful they
have not converted any more cars to this format.

I am not aware of any substantive mods that are planned on Vic Line
trains in advance of fleet replacement in a few years time. It is now
commonplace for seat moquette to be cleaned / replaced as the Infracos
respond to the Ambience incentives in the PPP Contract.
--
Paul C

Old January 21st 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I remember those mods from when I started secondary school - back almost 10
years ago! Isn't it 4 seats in the middle and two long pads at each end?

Fossil

Old January 22nd 04, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

There were 2 sets done, 3086 and the other was either 3009 or 3010 ?
not sure. They were both used on a tour I arranged on the Vic (Badger
Railrours, memories..) The 2 and 2 facing became 1 facing two by the
doors i recall which was usefull for someone my size as I could occupy
the whole seat and not get sneering looks from people like I do now
for occupying 1 and half !

I rather like the Bakerloo idea of removing the arm rests in the
"sideways" seats as well.

Fat Richard
Old January 22nd 04, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fat Richard" wrote in message
om...

usefull for someone my size as I could occupy
the whole seat and not get sneering looks from
people like I do now for occupying 1 and half !

Did you by any chance work at Epsom station in 1997-1998?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 22nd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fat Richard" wrote in message
om...

I rather like the Bakerloo idea of removing the arm rests in the
"sideways" seats as well.

But what about those sitting next to you? :-)
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Old January 22nd 04, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Whoops!

bit behind the times then. travel on the Vic a fair bit though, and that's
the first time i've ever seen it! ah well ... sorry ...!

Old January 22nd 04, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
Whoops!

bit behind the times then. travel on the Vic a fair bit though, and

that's
the first time i've ever seen it! ah well ... sorry ...!

I've travelled on the Vic Line for the last 3 years, 5 days a week and
probably seen one less than 5 times.

Is the floor a different colour ? I've got a feeling it might be blue,
tinted windows as well ?

Old January 22nd 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Fat Richard wrote in message

There were 2 sets done, 3086 and the other was either 3009 or 3010 ?
not sure. They were both used on a tour I arranged on the Vic (Badger
Railrours, memories..) The 2 and 2 facing became 1 facing two by the
doors i recall which was usefull for someone my size as I could occupy
the whole seat and not get sneering looks from people like I do now
for occupying 1 and half !

I rather like the Bakerloo idea of removing the arm rests in the
"sideways" seats as well.

Fat Richard

I was on that very tour, in that very carriage (3186)! and it was the 1st
time i had ever seen that seating arrangement (1+2) as well! I've still got
the pics looking through the cab front, going through the wash at
Northumberland Park, must post them up on a site someday!

Great tour that was, many thanks for that!

Tom.Tyne & Wear Metro Group:
http://groups.msn.com/tyneweartransportgroup
metromadme AT SPAMTRAP blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Old January 23rd 04, 01:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"simon" wrote in message
I've travelled on the Vic Line for the last 3 years, 5 days a week and
probably seen one less than 5 times.

Is the floor a different colour ? I've got a feeling it might be blue,
tinted windows as well ?

Floor is the same colour, windows are smaller (more like square) and have
black 'plastic film' around the edges. The 'sticker' for the Victoria Line
destinations are much smaller. Don't see those carriages much these days.

Fossil