Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 12, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
On 26/11/2012 12:42, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:34:02 on Mon, 26 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:

Anecdote time. I was on a tram in Brussels stopped in a traffic queue
and a passenger pursuaded the driver to let him off only to step
straight into the path of a car passing on the inside being in a
right-turn lane that had got the green light. The hazards of letting
people off willy nilly are real.

Agreed, which is why I suggested using only existing bus stops (or even
a subset of them).

Then we are back to the terms of the contract and the local authorities
rules and regulations on the usage of existing bus stops.

As an extension of the prohibitions I have noticed bus lanes in various
places now being signed as for buses on local stage services only, ie
private mini-buses and long-distance and excursion coaches can't use them.

e.g. Bargate Street, Southampton.

--
PR