Old September 5th 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Balham to Gatwick - with cards!

Going to Balham station tomorrow to buy a single from there to Gatwick
Airport for next week - using my Freedom Pass and Senior Railcard!

I think it'll probably work out that they owe *me* money!

Ian

Old September 6th 12, 04:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Good luck with that!
Old September 6th 12, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message

Going to Balham station tomorrow to buy a single from there to Gatwick
Airport for next week - using my Freedom Pass and Senior Railcard!

I think it'll probably work out that they owe *me* money!

Not quite, but not bad - £4.80 first class.

Ian

Old September 6th 12, 04:37 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
Going to Balham station tomorrow to buy a single from there to Gatwick
Airport for next week - using my Freedom Pass and Senior Railcard!

I think it'll probably work out that they owe *me* money!

Ian
Your freedom pass takes you to East Croydon and Purley. Why not
buy your ticket to Gatwick from Purley? Won't that be cheaper?
Old September 7th 12, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. wrote
"Ian F." wrote

Going to Balham station tomorrow to buy a single from there to

Gatwick
Airport for next week - using my Freedom Pass and Senior Railcard!

I think it'll probably work out that they owe *me* money!

Not quite, but not bad - £4.80 first class.

Yes that's what
http://brfares.com

says too for Boundary Zone 6 to Gatwick Airport (not Gatwick Express).

However it's £8.00 first class to get back, indeed a off-peak return is
cheaper than a single.

Also a bit odd, since posters here always claim that a destination of
Boundary Zone 6 isn't allowed.

--
Mike D

Old September 8th 12, 06:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

says too for Boundary Zone 6 to Gatwick Airport (not Gatwick Express).

Thanks for the heads-up on that website, Michael - very useful.

Ian
Old September 8th 12, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message
Going to Balham station tomorrow to buy a single from there to Gatwick
Airport for next week - using my Freedom Pass and Senior Railcard!

I think it'll probably work out that they owe *me* money!

Ian

It'll usually be a faster journey via Clapham Junction ...

DAS

Old September 8th 12, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It'll usually be a faster journey via Clapham Junction ...

Best trains for the time I need to be there involve a change at East Croydon
rather than Clapham Junction.

Ian